Can any of you knit ?

Dizzy

If so how about we set up the "Warrington Worldwide Yarnbomber's" .... I'm sure one of you could teach me and I think this is great :wink::lol:

Should we have a theme or just make it a free for all depending on mood or interest and join it all together or just dot our own small pieces wherever we feel appropriate ?? Suggestion please.... :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2111518/A-yarn-Olympic-proportions--Mystery-knitter-attaches-50-yard-long-scarf-featuring-woollen-athletes-pier.html

Not done any knitting for years and even then it was only to make one of those long Dr Who scarves that were popular at the time.

Always have trouble casting on and off but once started can manage to keep going without dropping a stitch.

Casting on and off are the easiest parts of knitting. :roll::D

Casting on and off are the easiest parts of knitting. :roll::D

I cast off my uncles fishing boat from Cullercoats harbour when I was a youngster and I remember 'nitty Nora the nit nurse' coming to our school when I was in St James's infants.

Does that qualify me. :blink::D :grin:

I'm still laughing at Wolfies post about the serial killer :lol::lol::lol:

Impressed that you can knit though Evils and I knitted a scarf at school in needlework. It was very long and striped but the sides went in and out and it was full of big knots where I tied the different coloured wools. I think my mum threw it away as she was appauled. :oops:

My mum could knit, crochet and sew, one of my aunts used to knit designer jumpers and can also sew (infact she makes hand made wedding dresses now) and my other aunt sews and knits dogs, teddies and all sorts.

Me well I have a sewing machine gathering dust and once made a camouflage tent, a little sleeping bag and some bags for action man and his accessories and that's the best I have ever managed :oops::lol:

I guess people just don;t learn to knit and sow these days or maybe they are like me and completely useless so give up and never try again :lol:

Harry's post just reminded me of something......

Did any of you used to knit using wooden cotton reels? My dad used to hammer 4 nails in the top of wooden ones when they were empty and we used to 'knit' long sausage shaped ropes which came out of the hollow centre.

I'm not sure what use they were but it was fun watching them grow and kept us quiet for hours.

We used to make woolly pompoms too using coloured wool and two cardboard circles with holes in the middle.

As you would say Harry.... 'Happy Days' :D:D

Harry's post just reminded me of something......

Did any of you used to knit using wooden cotton reels? My dad used to hammer 4 nails in the top of wooden ones when they were empty and we used to 'knit' long sausage shaped ropes which came out of the hollow centre.

I'm not sure what use they were but it was fun watching them grow and kept us quiet for hours.

We used to make woolly pompoms too using coloured wool and two cardboard circles with holes in the middle.

As you would say Harry.... 'Happy Days' :D:D

French knitting it's called but I don't know why. In my younger days I did a lot of it and much to my momma's annoyance I sometimes went knocking on neighbours' doors asking if they had any left over wool they didn't want.

with a little applied skill and care you could make many things with them. Bracelets, necklaces, egg cosies, tea cosies, hot water bottle covers, pot holders, cushion covers, oven gloves etc., etc., the list is endless.

If so how about we set up the "Warrington Worldwide Yarnbomber's" .... I'm sure one of you could teach me and I think this is great :wink::lol:

Should we have a theme or just make it a free for all depending on mood or interest and join it all together or just dot our own small pieces wherever we feel appropriate ?? Suggestion please.... :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2111518/A-yarn-Olympic-proportions--Mystery-knitter-attaches-50-yard-long-scarf-featuring-woollen-athletes-pier.html

You could always hang them all up throughout the market and call it art. :lol: