The face of shopping -

Believe a bloke was asked to leave the Trafford Centre, for refusing to remove his hood when asked by Security - fair enough. Now, in the interest of policy consistency, I presume Security will be demanding the removal of all facial coverings, including hijabs/burkas? :unsure:

Believe a bloke was asked to leave the Trafford Centre, for refusing to remove his hood when asked by Security - fair enough. Now, in the interest of policy consistency, I presume Security will be demanding the removal of all facial coverings, including hijabs/burkas? :unsure:

Won't happen..it's 2012....

Common sense and logic have been consigned to the past. <_<

• Upvote 1

Oh you should see the women at the seaside in Alexandria. They go into the sea fully dressed but I could never fancy walking around in dripping wet clothes afterwards. I wonder why they do it.

Nothing wrong with wearing a hijab anywhere. It's only like western women wearing headscarves or beanie/sloucher hats, the face is on full view to all and sundry. I don't know where you get ther idea that women are forced to wear burkas by the men. They wear them because they want to. There are many women here who do not wear hijab or burka. I myself chose to wear the hijab for myself only after being married for several years. It was my own choice and nothing to do with my husband's asking, or any of his family. :)

Oh you should see the women at the seaside in Alexandria. They go into the sea fully dressed but I could never fancy walking around in dripping wet clothes afterwards. I wonder why they do it.

Well if they are not forced to do it, they must choose to do it. :?:???: .... weird.

If they are so liberating and such like, I wonder why they have never caught on with western women?? :D

We had the womens movements in the 70's so surely if they are so great for women they would have worn a burkha instead of a mini-skirt!!

If they are so liberating and such like, I wonder why they have never caught on with western women?? :D

We had the womens movements in the 70's so surely if they are so great for women they would have worn a burkha instead of a mini-skirt!!

How do you come ro that conclusion? :unsure:

How do you come ro that conclusion? :unsure:

I come to that conclusion based on what I see.... In an open and equal western society where women have the freedom to wear what they want; free from the shackles of an oppressing religion and over bearing men, no one volutarily wears them.

If you put a burkha into Top Shop, they would hardly be flying off the shelves now would they?

What's your fears about hijabs and burkas? :unsure:

Hijabs... no problem.

Burkas... rather intimidating to say the least IMO as you can't see the person's face, you can't see their expression and you can't even see if they are female or male most of the time and who knows what or who could be hiding under the pretence of a religious (or whatever it is) robe and mask. :unsure:

Look at the feet?

How would that tell you.

If they are wearing size ten hobnails they are a bloke.

If they are wearing sandals and have neatly trimmed painted toenails toenails they are a woman or a transvestite.

If they have horrible hairy feet they are a bloke or a hobbit. :blink:

If they are wearing sandals and have neatly trimmed painted toenails toenails they are a transvestite.

Don't think they have them in muslim countries do they????

or not for long anyway :D