Fashion?

observer

it's simples. they have a bit of string looped through the front that goes under their hoodies and loops round the neck. This also gives rise to the stoop shoulder walk they all seem to adopt.

Bit like those gloves we had to wear as kids that had a string looped through the sleeves. :blink:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am reliably informed, just for those who don't know, that this fashion originated in American prisons as a sign that the "wearer" is available for gay sex. Now, I don't know whether the current wearers are making a statement, but I'm sure some could be very embarrassed in the future!

I am reliably informed' date=' just for those who don't know, that this fashion originated in American prisons as a sign that the "wearer" is available for gay sex.[/quote']

Reliably :shock:

Sagging as it is called did come from American prisons, nothing to do with sexuality, In many American prisons you are not allowed to wear belts? It became popular out of prisons with the hip hop music scene..

So you are too timing then are you Lt (tut tut)... first Asp and now Baz :shock::lol:

Funniest comments I've read in ages :lol::lol: but such a shame that Ringodave's version was not quite right as it may have quickly put an end to this ridiculous fashion once the word got out.

I might spread it amongst some of the youngsters around here though as they look damn stupid andthey will never look on here so they may believe me :lol::wink:

We were on the train going to Cairo one day last September, and it happened to be the day that the train drivers decided to go on a 'go slow' so it took 5 and a half hours for a journey that normally took 3 hours.

There was a small group of boys aged about 16-17 years. They were constantly walking or running to and fro through our carriage and were becoming something of a nuisance. One boy about 16 yrs old and seemingly street wise was wearing his pants halfway down his backside with his underpants on view. Every time the train stopped at a station they would be off the train chasing up and down the platform and when the train stopped out of any station the boy was off the train again, climbing a wall of an orange orchard asking the workers for oranges, picking berries from a tree, etc., etc.,

At one station they played football with an empty drinks can on the platform. Later the boy squatted on his haunches and OMG! Half his backside was on full view to everyone. He seemed totally unaware of the fact or he just didn't care. We fully expected someone to approach him and tell him about it because here a male should not have any part of his body from the neck to just below the knees uncovered in public, but nobody did say anything to him.

At one point of the journey a young toddler was stood in the aisle when the train suddenly lurched and the child lost his balance, hitting his head on the armrest of a seat. Before anyone had a chance to do anything, this boy came running up the aisle and picked the child up and gave him to his mother then asked if a passenger had a coin, which he proceded to rub on the child's bump and he advised the mother not to let him go to sleep.

All things considered that in my eyes made him a wise and wonderful caring boy in spite of his fashion sense.

Ther's a finite limit to what you can do with cloths, that's why old fashions tend to come back with a new generation who think thy're something new! :wink:

so did you wear your pants round your arse in the 20's then Obs??? :D