Culcheth Shooting....

Bazj

Come along now observer, lovie, who said he was brandishing a weapon? Where did you get that gem from? :unsure:

.. clearly not a cut and paste from wikipedia like you did Cleo so maybe Obs uses wickedpedia or pickledmedia :lol::wink: ... only kidding Obs

Anyway back to topic... (sort off)

I didn't say that what happened to Jean Charles de Menzes was right Cleo and yes it's very sad and it clearly should not have happened but for various reasons it did.

So I guess you were right where you said 'it has happened in the UK more than once' but I still stand by my comment where I said 'Law abiding citizens do not get shot by armed police over here'.

The man shot in Culcheth at the weekend clearly did not fall into the LAC category but had he not refused to raise his hands and had he not then 'began fiddling with something inside the car' as some reports suggest then he would more than likely still be alive.

How could they be sure he didn't have a gun ?? Due to his refusal and the fact theat they knew his background how could they be sure he wasn't about to shoot at them or anyone else on the streets at the time ??

A lesson to be learnt maybe ie: if you are surrounded by armed police and they say put your hands up etc ... just do it.... or face the consequences of your own stupidity.

.. clearly not a cut and paste from wikipedia like you did Cleo so maybe Obs uses wickedpedia or pickledmedia :lol::wink: ... only kidding Obs

Anyway back to topic... (sort off)

I didn't say that what happened to Jean Charles de Menzes was right Cleo and yes it's very sad and it clearly should not have happened but for various reasons it did.

So I guess you were right where you said 'it has happened in the UK more than once' but I still stand by my comment where I said 'Law abiding citizens do not get shot by armed police over here'.

The man shot in Culcheth at the weekend clearly did not fall into the LAC category but had he not refused to raise his hands and had he not then 'began fiddling with something inside the car' as some reports suggest then he would more than likely still be alive.

How could they be sure he didn't have a gun ?? Due to his refusal and the fact theat they knew his background how could they be sure he wasn't about to shoot at them or anyone else on the streets at the time ??

A lesson to be learnt maybe ie: if you are surrounded by armed police and they say put your hands up etc ... just do it.... or face the consequences of your own stupidity.

But I'm not arguing that. In his case he probably deserved it and I for one will not lose any sleep over it. but, it DOES HAPPEN in the uk that innocent people get shot.

And nowt wrong with cut and paste and I wasn't attempting to make anyone believe it wasn't a cut and paste and I would not be the first by far to use the procedure, eh?

:? hummm... I suspect some editing has been done.

Yep you are right Cleo as I just checked and Obs' post has indeed been edited and it now says

Seems the guy who was shot, wasn't armed - ooops! :rolleyes: IT'S HERE CLEO! :blink:

It didn't have the words 'Its here Cleo' origionally :wink::lol:

But I'm not arguing that. In his case he probably deserved it and I for one will not lose any sleep over it. but, it DOES HAPPEN in the uk that innocent people get shot.

And nowt wrong with cut and paste and I wasn't attempting to make anyone believe it wasn't a cut and paste and I would not be the first by far to use the procedure, eh?

Lighten up Cleo... I was only joking about the 'cut and paste' :blink::roll::?

And yes innocent people do get shot all over the world... but thankfully not very many in the UK by the police or other enforcement 'services'.

Night.

PS Obs... no not a gun just a very sore neck and shoulder blade so 'hand up' is very comfortable indeed :P