Thank you

wolfie

I wouldn't dare to give my old-fashioned view as to what I think Britishness is about as too many on here are to modern and easy going, lacking moral standards and ethics.

The "lager lout" comment sums up imo, just what has gone wrong with this country mainly due to lack of discipline and pathetic politicians lacking a strong backbone to do the right thing rather than vote catching and noses in the trough self interest.

When you have people who think being part of the European Federation is wonderful, and people who want to get rid of the Monarchy, what is the point of a, asking the question, and b, trying to be serious about a country that is ignored by the rest of the world and which is only tolerated by some countries due the huge amounts of money that we give away whilst bankrupting ourselves.

Is that back on track enough for you Dizzy??? :blink:

How long before the governments of France and Belgium decide to return the land serving as war graves back to agricultural use, 20, 40, 60, 100 years, already many of the children of those that died in WWI have passed away and there grandchildren are reaching the latter stages of their lives. :unsure:

With respect Dizz, as a ruling government who would prevent them. :unsure:

I would imagine there would be an uproar from people in many countries if they ever tried Algy.

I came across a website today which lists where all the WW1 and WW2 cemeteries etc are in all countries and I never realsied how many there are.

Each has a little write up of what happened in the area and how many are buried there and from where along with images ages of the thousands of soldiers graves in neat white rows.

It brought a tear to my eye seeing just how many there were and also reading the little bits of information including the mention of names of those 'shot at dawn' for so called cowardice or desertion :(

It brought a tear to my eye seeing just how many there were and also reading the little bits of information including the mention of names of those 'shot at dawn' for so called cowardice or desertion :(

That was bad, very bad! Rather like shooting a horse that had broken a leg!

There was a programme on channel 4 the other night about "The Real War Horse" telling how at the end of WW1, up to 750,000 horses were in the hands of the army and how all but about 25,000 were killed and fed to the French and to German prisoners of war....

So now you know why the frogs like horse meat so much! and why they look on a horse box as a kind of meals on wheels service!

I would imagine there would be an uproar from people in many countries if they ever tried Algy.

I came across a website today which lists where all the WW1 and WW2 cemeteries etc are in all countries and I never realsied how many there are.

Each has a little write up of what happened in the area and how many are buried there and from where along with images ages of the thousands of soldiers graves in neat white rows.

So. Dizz are you saying that in 2112 the war graves are still going to be as respected as they are today, somehow the way events are taking place on this planet today I doubt it!.

There was a programme on channel 4 the other night about "The Real War Horse" telling how at the end of WW1, up to 750,000 horses were in the hands of the army and how all but about 25,000 were killed and fed to the French and to German prisoners of war....

So now you know why the frogs like horse meat so much! and why they look on a horse box as a kind of meals on wheels service!

I watched it yesterday and it was a very moving and interesting programme. The couple of photo's they showed at the end though where the horses were being killed, skinned and even the hides and bones were being segregared for use were awful.

The one where the horse was stood there waiting and watching as it's mates were disected really got to me and I can still see it in my head.

I guess there was not a lot else they could do though but it seemed awful that these brace animals who had fought with their soldiers and survived not only carrying many to safety but being the 'friends' that kept many of the soldiers going at times finished up like that.

Ooops... I wont say anymore incase anyone recorded it and hasn't watched it yet :oops::unsure:

So. Dizz are you saying that in 2112 the war graves are still going to be as respected as they are today, somehow the way events are taking place on this planet today I doubt it!.

I'd like to think they still will be Algy but I do see what you are saying....but I hope for once you are wrong :(