Are you brown because....

Cleopatra

Is it right that a seven year old boy should be branded a racist by staff because he asked another boy at his school in Hull if he was brown because he came from Africa? And is it right to tell his mother to sign a form acknowledging that her son had made a racist remark?

Or should the school staff concerned receive six of the best on each hand for being so damned stupid? :shock::blink:

The latter if you have a modicum of common sense and live in the real world....

the former if you are a teacher or any other member of the liberal softy club which now encompasses our whole country and is the main reason it is in the state it is in now

All rather pathetic......

Simply a case of a young kid asking an innocent question as kids do, followed then by the usual tirade of a mother taking offence and kicking off and then reporting this innocent question to the school when her 5 year old mentioned it to her (again probably in all innocence)

... followed by the school having to follow the set guidelines when complaints are made and having to tick the boxes so they are they not 'at fault'

...and then promptly followed by a retaliation of pathetic mummy number one by taking the whole saga to the national press :roll:

In my opinion they are all as bad as each other apart from the 7 year old and the 5 year old who are probably now wondering what on earth is going on and why the words 'brown' and 'Africa' are so bad :roll:

I might be wrong but I'm sure that most 'brown' people are 'brown' simply because their parents/grandparents etc come from are or descendants of people from Africa or other similar 'brown' countries.... unless their parents went on sunbeds of course but that is not hereditary (or is it :wink: )

So, a seven year old asks a perfectly reasonable question for a, er, seven year old.

A mum is dutifully "offended".

A school acts in haste to make sure it's ticked the right boxes and arses are well and truly covered.

The Wail "discovers" the potential for frothing outrage:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2103175/Boy-7-branded-racist-asking-schoolmate-Are-brown-come-Africa.html

It's another PC Gawn Mad story from The Wail, folks!!!!!

!

Oooh bugger I did it again

I agree with what Britney from Lancs said.

No it is not right but unfortunately that is the sort of thing we have to put up with these days. Thinking back the forty odd years to when I was a kid and some of the things that were said then were definitely racist. BUT that was how most people were dragged up. We learnt from our elders and our elders had definite views of people who were different in any way shape or form.

Today racism is frowned on and rightly so, but so is common sense. One problem I have is how do you know if somebody is racially abusing you unless you either speak their language or are with somebody who does.

For example If a person from Thailand calls you a white son of an unmarried mother but in their own language would you know or would you just shrug and walk away puzzled.

My street contains a varied content of "ethic minorities" of which I am one. Listening to some of them as they wander down the street talking away in their own language often makes me wonder if they are arguing,singing or just passing the time of day. For all I know they could be planning the greatest bank robbery off all time.

any way back to "normality" the question was asked in all innocence,Kids of that age do and say things that make everybody cringe at times but to branded a racist because of it is wrong. Had he just asked if the other kid was from Africa would he still have been branded a racist.

if you want to point out any blame then it should go to all those adverts to send £2.00 a month to help,little Herbert in Africa to stay alive and not have to travel twenty miles to drink tainted water and thus have a better life. To a seven year old watching them and then seeing somebody who has the same colour skin it is a natural question.

arrrgh rant over for now until the next topic that gets me going.

Having explained the science, that skin colour relates to an adaptation to climate at a given latitude. The curious kid, may then have asked, "why are they living in over here then?" To which, an educated Teacher could explain the history of human migration from the slave trade, convict settlement, consequences of an Imperial past and labour shortages, right through to hitching a lift under a lorry. Some solid reality - rather than the PC fairy stories being foisted on young minds. :roll:

Yes cos I had to go fix my elderly neighbours TV again as her ao called 'home help' wouldn't (or couldn't) do it :roll: ..... nor would they change her kitchen light bulb when that went and so she phoned me (give them their due though they did stand there and watch me so I guess they know how to do it now) ... so give me some credit at least for being quick and usefull in some people's eyes :lol::P

She loves footy though... so maybe I could get her a pc so she can give you all a run for your money :wink:

Anyway as usual I digress but you made me :P

So back to topice now ..... bloody stupid parents :evil:

:angry:

Yes cos I had to go fix my elderly neighbours TV again as her ao called 'home help' wouldn't (or couldn't) do it :roll: ..... nor would they change her kitchen light bulb when that went and so she phoned me (give them their due though they did stand there and watch me so I guess they know how to do it now) ... so give me some credit at least for being quick and usefull in some people's eyes :lol::P

She loves footy though... so maybe I could get her a pc so she can give you all a run for your money :wink:

Anyway as usual I digress but you made me :P

So back to topice now ..... bloody stupid parents :evil:

And bloody stupid teachers! :angry:

True but teachers/heads are having to stick to the bloody stupid rules, regulations and boxes they are given to tick or they loose their jobs or get sued. I do see what you mean though but parents like these two don't help the situation do they.

I feel sorry for very young kids these days as the PC brigade and parents attitudes must really confuse them and take away their innocence... :blink: