The cost of War -

observer

• 2 weeks later...

Last night i watched half of the second episode of a programme called Bush's War on a Sky freeview channel ,i am sure it will be repeated if it hasn't been on before...i don't even know if there are more episodes to follow ,but it was on about 1 am & there were some very interesting statements made about the 2003 Iraq war & not just about the cost but also the "justification " for the war.

Pity - I won't have sky (due to Murdoch); interesting prog on freeview 12; about the evolution of fighter aircraft. The latest, top of the range US fighter plane (the Raptor) costs the US taxpayer a mere $100million per aircraft - no wonder they are $trillions in the red. :unsure:

Pity - I won't have sky (due to Murdoch)

Flippin' heck Obs I though it was only a couple of people on here that you manage to wind up. What on earth did you say to Murdoch to make him target you and take your telly and sky away...and does Mrs Obs know :unsure::wink::lol:

Are they Murdock channels Peter.

No idea. Quite possibly as most TV is from Sky.

Refusing to subscribe is akin to cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Sport probably wouldn't exist if it wasn't for money from SKY. A bit like refusing to shop at Supermarkets because they have more buying power than the corner shop and have a monopoly.