Anyone tried these restaurants?

disgusted

OK.....

Last night I took my darling Mrs Baz to the Grill on the Square for Dinner.

Arrived at about 7:30... place was very busy but they got us a table in the corner near the stairs.

I am quite capable of eating a full 3 courses whereas my beloved is very petite and usually struggles..... After ordering the French Onion Soup to start, Mrs Baz then tells the waiter she didn't fancy a starter....doh!

For mains I opted for 10oz Fillet, Mrs Baz had the 7oz...

My starter arrived and it was bloody gorgeous!! then the waiter brought over a small teacup with a carrot and swede soup for my wife.... A lovely touch and just enough to make sure she (or I) didn't feel awkward about one eating and the other not.... (Hers was free too!!)

Mains arrived... and I was on cloud nine. Steaks were perfectly cooked and there were just enough fresh homemade chips, onion rings and mushrooms to make it perfect. As a sauce Mrs Baz had peppercorn while I opted for a little chilli and lime butter on the side. Both were served on lovely wooden platters with water and a bottle of plonk to taste!

After the mains we opted for no dessert and I had a small espresso.

We have eaten in many restaraunts over the years including many in London such as the Savoy Grill and Ramsays Maze Grill, The Narrow and Foxtrot Oscar and believe me, the Grill on the square is as good if not better.

The staff were attentive but not overly so, the place was vibrant with great background music (Adam wouldn't approve of course) and the food was out of this world. I have eaten at the Grill on the Square when it was Le frog and it is now a million times better.

A true cullinary gem right in the middle of town!

Baz you could get a job writing for food magazines as that definately had me drooling and sounds excellent.

Do they do steak, mushrooms, onion rings, cottage cheese and tomatoes... if so I'm on my way right now, if they are closed then I'll be hammering on their door and will blame you :D