One law for them, another for us

Nick Tessla

But Nick they've only been accused at this point so if and when they're convicted, I'm pretty sure they'll have to release the names. I don't know how it all works but I could guess that the media gets to know the names of anyone that gets arrested, especially for serious crime. If the police choose to withhold names of officers, then it's their decision and after all it's their ball so they can make up the rules as they see fit. :P

Bill :)

• Upvote 1

Rubbish.

If and when these ex-police officers are found guilty as charged then by all means 'have a go at them' until that happens 'lay off', it won't be the first time that persons charged with a serious offence, and their families, have been persecuted only to be found innocent!. There are too many of the 'Let's Lynch em' now!' brigade around. :shock:

• Upvote 1

Mr Hune is guilty - his wife said so!

And hummmm.... why would two cops resign if innocent?

If innocent they surely would have stood their ground instead of going before being pushed out when found to be guilty!

Mark my words They are <possibly> guilty!

Edited by Dizzy

They faced the choice of resign - and keep their accrued pension entitlements - or fight the allegations, and possibly lose their entire retirement income.

I've never really agreed with stripping anyone who gets sacked of the pension entitlements they may have built up over years and years of previous good service.

Perhaps a fairer system would be for disciplinary action NOT to just die when someone hands in their notice (although why it can't all just be dealt with during the notice period before someone's employment ends is beyond me). I don't really see why back holiday pay, references and the final months salary can't be with-held until it is determined whether an employee who resigns after allegations should be sacked or the resignation allowed to stand.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

(qote) Choose your words carefully Cleo as your last comment could have been be libellous especially if/when they are found not guilty.

You weren't on line so I have edited your post for you before Gary gets a knock on the door... (end quote)

Guilty as charged. Jailed for 8 months and 2 months to run concurrently.

My mojo was working good then :wink:

• Upvote 1