Manchester Road closed off by police

Bill

I don't know why but I think it's somethig quite serious that's happened. The roads fully closed from Holes Lane going towards the motorway. For some reason theres a camera unit at the town end of the dual carrigway and police cars all over the place. Just past where the police training camp used to be, there's a baddly smashed car in the midddle of the road.

I dunno but it looks like there may have been some kind of chase that end up in some accidents but thats total speculation.

Good to see you back BTW. 8)

Bill :)

Why would they close it at Holes Lane going towards the motorway if the badly smashed up car is near the old police camp which is quite a bit further down and in the opposite direction ?

One should never speculate though Bill so I won't.

Sounds bad though and I hope everyone is ok regardless of why or what has actually happened :cry:

I've read that something bad has happened to a man on a motorbike, near to the Texaco garage.

Hope he's OK :(

I've not seen anything reported about the accident anywhere but I dont use FB or anything. Apparently the road is now reopened both ways though and all it says about the closure is that it was due to "accident investigation work at New Cut Lane / Holes Lane".

I know they usually do that if there is a fatality or the possibility of fatality due to serious injury but they do also sometimes do it for less serious accidents and/or where there is a case to answer.

Fingers crossed this was one of the 'lesser' serious ones :cry:

I hope so to but it doesn’t explain the badly smashed up car further up the road unless that was just a coincidence. And why the camera unit out at that time of night, I live here and I've never seen that before? And why was it at the opposite end of the carriageway than where it normally is? Again I've never ever seen it there before. And why have the Guardian removed the report from their newspages?

I’m now beginning to wonder if this was some kind of police anti speeding thing that’s gone terribly wrong

Dosen't look good and its all very very odd. :roll:

Hey ShielaP and Sadako seem to have got the facts right ie a car.. a motor bike.. and broken leg :unsure::P

So there was no big undercover surveilance going on, no chase or any other weird and wonderful police goings on then after all. I'll tell the mother-in-law she can come out of hiding now then shall I Bill :lol:

I hope the chap makes a speedy and full recovery.

If you had the facts right the story might well have read two serious cars smashed either side of a police camera unit. The facts are, I saw these smashed vehicles and the huge police presence including surveillance units in the area and you lot didn’t. True I don’t know what happened but I think it’s right to question what was going on that night because something was and it could well have contributed to the two bad smashes in the same area.

I didn't say they got the facts wrong, those are entirely YOUR words as well you know. The police CCTV surveillance unit and all the cop cars were there at 5:30 i.e. before both accidents occurred and that's a fact. Your press release cut and past report that you claim is factual makes no mention that some kind of police was on going at the time, neither does it mention anything about the second crash.

Bill

Your press release cut and past report that you claim is factual makes no mention that some kind of police was on going at the time, neither does it mention anything about the second crash.

Bill

Forgive me if I am completely wrong here but when you use the words 'your' there Bill it's not actualy Gary's at all as such surely.

I would imagine that any press release issued by the police has to be a 'cut and paste' as if a reporter or editor added their own possible scenarios or supposition about how or why an incident happened and what may/may not have been going on around the same time they would probably find the police knocking on their doors.

Have you rung the police to ask why the police CCTV surveillance van was in a different location to usual or asked about the cars you mention?

Maybe people who live nearby could tell you what happened as you know how local people chatter. Perhaps you could knock on a few doors around your way and report back on here later with all the gossip :D:wink:

I'm looking forward to the next installment as it's making a rather interesting read B)

• Upvote 1

I didn't say they got the facts wrong, those are entirely YOUR words as well you know. The police CCTV surveillance unit and all the cop cars were there at 5:30 i.e. before both accidents occurred and that's a fact. Your press release cut and past report that you claim is factual makes no mention that some kind of police was on going at the time, neither does it mention anything about the second crash.

Bill

Bill you are the one who said "if you got the facts right" which is suggesting I got them wrong.

I didn't actually write the article. We are just reporting an item on behalf of the police.

You are the one who said you didn't know what happened and yet have plenty to say about it.

:roll:

Yes our website does carry press releases - like every other publication on the planet - I don't know why you have to obsess about it?

The information on this website is free for all - someone would think you are actually paying for it.

Victor Meldrew has nothing on you!:D

Excuse me but go back and check, you were the one that started all this “fact” nonsense when you said “sometimes it is worth waiting to get the right facts”. I just said what I saw and also that I don’t know what happened but if you’d like to make this into an argument about me being obsessive Gary just carry on.

Bill

PS and you lot can shut up as well! :mrgreen: