The long and the short of it .....

robocop

From what I have seen the Warrington team has not got the physical presence to compete against a side which comes to defend with a big defence.

I think this photo sums if up perfectly - Hickey is a great attacking player but needs some beef up front to help him out - and some beef in midfield to help feed him.

Warrington must be one of the smallest teams in the league man for man.

Hickey-holds-off-the-opposi.jpg

Don't they say that 'good things come in small packages'... as do bombs <_< and also 'the bigger they are the harder they fall' :oops::wink:

Soz just a girlie comment as I don't know anything about footy other than when my lad used to play it was the smaller, more nimble, and determined ones (maybe they felt they had something to prove) who were the ones to really watch out for :unsure:

Don't they say that 'good things come in small packages'... as do bombs <_< and also 'the bigger they are the harder they fall' :oops::wink:

Soz just a girlie comment as I don't know anything about footy other than when my lad used to play it was the smaller, more nimble, and determined ones (maybe they felt they had something to prove) who were the ones to really watch out for :unsure:

Get back to your knitting woman. :roll:

It was especially a shame on saturday as we put in some quite good corners (for a change) but had no tall player who was going to cause the 6ft 5 centre back pictured above any problems. Jamie Henders was a player that was tall and could cause those problems, now hes gone we need a direct replacement who can give us that option

Doesnt this presume every ball has to be played to the head?

On Saturday the DC team played their back four tight against the attackers wherever they were and tracked them relenetlessly. With the wind (in the first half in particular) and DC playing high up the pitch, why not a pass over / round the defence into the space between them and the keeper. Did it once and Madin got a corner following a good run.

Then with the corners, when the CB's are tall, play it to the edge of the box or drive a low one in? We had most of the ball on saturday just couldnt finish it off. Id rather we invested in pace, width and creativity in midfield than going down the big welly route which is somewhat inevitable when a big guy up front is there (crouch for example).

:unsure:

Doesnt this presume every ball has to be played to the head?

On Saturday the DC team played their back four tight against the attackers wherever they were and tracked them relenetlessly. With the wind (in the first half in particular) and DC playing high up the pitch, why not a pass over / round the defence into the space between them and the keeper. Did it once and Madin got a corner following a good run.

Then with the corners, when the CB's are tall, play it to the edge of the box or drive a low one in? We had most of the ball on saturday just couldnt finish it off. Id rather we invested in pace, width and creativity in midfield than going down the big welly route which is somewhat inevitable when a big guy up front is there (crouch for example).

:unsure: sad

• Upvote 1

no we do need a big man up front but then it would be a case of who to play then because maddo has a touch of god and hickey is just plain class the worst player we should not have let go was tony evans what a player his first season i was like hes awful but then he became a goal machine for us shame to have lost him alan collins is class but he only has one foot and defensively doesnt have a clue :/