City v United

wolfie

I have to admit the ref got it wrong but am happy to accept that he didn't do it on purpose. However if he wishes to repeat his mistake at Anfield in the next round I will warmly applaud him.

Jones had a poor game and imo Evra is losing it. Rio played well, and that new red haired signing sure knows how to spread the ball around.

Evra is losing it.

He lost it with the Suarez incident - two players insulted each other in the heat of the moment - Evra's complaint has now intensified what was already a difficult relationship between the two clubs and the two sets of supporters.

How on earth the FA could ban some one for eight games and fine him £40,000 for making an alleged racist remark and in the same hearing state that Suarez was not racist is beyond all reasoning.

On top that Rooney's card brandishing in the city match yesterdad was shocking to see - we are used to seeing the continental whingers doing this - but shocking to see Rooney doing it - he should be banned for eight games and fined £40,000 for unsporting behaviour.

Misreporting there Gary, Suarez wasn't fined and banned for an alleged racist remark, he was fined and banned because he was found guilty of making a racist remark.

Liverpool, Dalglish in particular, have worsened the situation by their arrogant presumption that he is innocent having accepted the lies that Saurez has obviously fed them.

In the latest incident of racism Liverpool have stated that anyone found guilty of racist remarks will be banned from Anfield for life, why doesn't the ban include Suarez? Double standards?

• Upvote 1

Misreporting there Gary, Suarez wasn't fined and banned for an alleged racist remark, he was fined and banned because he was found guilty of making a racist remark.

Liverpool, Dalglish in particular, have worsened the situation by their arrogant presumption that he is innocent having accepted the lies that Saurez has obviously fed them.

In the latest incident of racism Liverpool have stated that anyone found guilty of racist remarks will be banned from Anfield for life, why doesn't the ban include Suarez? Double standards?

My next door neighbour ( A Liverpool fan) normally gets me a ticket for Liverpool v United matches. I,ve told him not to bother for the FA cup match. I think football will take second place, a long way behind the abuse, hatred and aggression that this match will stir up.

I have a certain sympathy for Suarez getting an 8 match ban. Admitting that he used a racially offensive word followed by 'sorry' if he caused any offence would probably have resulted in a smaller ban. To say that where he comes from the term can be used affectionately is laughable when it is directed towards a United player.

It is widely accepted that Liverpool and Dalglish in particular have not handled the situation well and Gary is right when he says that Liverpool will be up for it, because they have been encouraged by the actions of the club and Dalglish.

The remarkably quick apology over the most recent episode against Oldham has done nothing but stoke up the bad relations between Liverpool and United. I,m not sure that the 20 year old involved will get banned as he is now saying that he didn't say black but 'Manc', a foretaste of what is to come no doubt.

As for who wins in the FA cup, I no longer give a damn, as I said previously football will be a long way down the list of events likely to occur at Anfield.

• Upvote 1

Eagle you know and I know that he was convicted by a kangaroo court and there is not a jury in the land which could have convicted him on the evidence provided - my main point is that both players abused each other - one has been penalised - the other hasn't.

Evra should have been found guilty of using foul and abusive/threatening behaviour based on his own admissions.

Our national game is going to pot - and I can't even use a well known phrase anymore involving the old kettle without risking being accused of racism!

We all get the jokes about the irish, the scousers e.t.c. sent to us via text - and even posts on this forum - are they not ever bit as rascist as the ones involving shop keepers of a certain race or people of a particular skin colour.

The world has gone "politically correct" bonkers - and the real issue now is that nobody in any sort of position of power can say what they think in fear of being brought down on the racist card.

Even black people are now being accused of being racist if they refer to a white person!:roll:

• Upvote 1

Suarez admitted using a racially abusive term on 1 occasion, but was found guilty of using it 7 times.

To then support that person (simply on the basis that Evra got away with calling him a South American) by wearing T-shirts claiming innocence and announcing to the media that he has done nothing wrong is shameful by any standards.

Suarez himself said 'whoever is found guilty should apologise'

I would suggest that if it had been any other team involved, Suarez would have apologised and Dalglish would also have told him to.

As a footnote, if Evra had have been found guilty of using foul and abusive/threatening behaviour based on his own admissions. I'm not sure if United would have also taken the same stance has Liverpool. That would have equally been shameful

As someone who has been accused of racism for calling someone a Romanian (he is, in fact, Romanian) I'm afraid the term has lost all rational meaning and has become a pathetic attempt to win an arguement without any substance to back it. All the parties involved in these two occurences have shown themselves to be at the level of 5 year olds in the playground, except the 5 year olds would be best of mates 10 minutes later. The ruling bodies and club management have shown themselves to be pathetic in the face of cry baby antics from the overpaid juveniles we call (for some reason) "professional" footballers. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Having read the full report, it seems to me the only way to draw a line under all of this is for the respective managers to:-

a. Sack Evra for being abusive

b. Sack Suarez for being racially abusive.

c. Sack Kuyt for telling lies and being a troublemaker.

Having read the full report, it seems to me the only way to draw a line under all of this is for the respective managers to:-

a. Sack Evra for being abusive

b. Sack Suarez for being racially abusive.

c. Sack Kuyt for telling lies and being a troublemaker.

And suspend Kenny and the board for their unconditional support of the perpetrator.

• Upvote 1

What, to give City about 3/4 free-kicks directly on the edge of the box when they have players like Kolarov and Aguero playing?

Same with Howard Webb. If he's a United fan, why did he let Liverpool pull back a 2 goal lead with a Penalty and a Free-Kick?

:roll: :roll:

Obviously not enough then WW97. :D:wink: