Expensive Christmas card.

algy

We received a 'white' notification card through the letter box stating that there was mail awaiting us at Milner Street Post Office and that they would not deliver it as a surcharge of £1-36p was due on it, we travelled to said Post Office to be presented with a Christmas card that had a 2nd class stamp affixed to the envelope and when asking why it could not be delivered I was curtly informed that the address was incomplete due to the omission of the post code consequently the post office automatically classes the mail as first class plus a handling charge of £1, so all in all after battling our way through the log jams both into and out of Warrington the Christmas card probably cost us the best part of £4 ?, I wouldn't mind but the card only came from Widnes. :x

Complain about it to your MP - we haven't had mail delivered to work for the festive period for the past three years - so I made an official complaint via said MP and hey presto we have had mail every day this week!:D

I also got two parcels which had not been stamped and had £4 surcharges delivered for free!:blink:

They couldn't deliver it because the address was incomplete but yet they knew which house to deliver the notice to? Sounds like you have been conned algy! :blink:

Exactly the point I made to a member of the counter staff, who incidentally agreed with me.

Not conned! Cleo, we were ROBBED!!! :evil:

I sent a package to London last Thursday (22nd) and paid almost £6 for a guaranteed delivery.

The package didn't arrive and upon tracking, I found that it had indeed been delivered but to the wrong person.

It actually appeared through my friend's letterbox today!

Don't they have to obtain a signature for guaranteed delivery?

Well if you read the details of the recorded delivery all it guarantees is that a signature will be received for delivery of the package. It does not say that the signature will be of the recipient.

There have been any number of times when i have signed for a package for somebody in the street because the person was not in and the delivery person required a signature for proof of delivery.