Unwanted Gift

Cleopatra

why would you go looking on ebay for an item which you had already bought someone for Christmas?

If they didn't want it and can sell it and buy something that they do want then where is the issue? or would you rather they kept it and never used it?

How would you feel if you found that a gift you bought someone for Christmas was being offered on ebay, possibly going to the highest bidder at a knockdown price, much less than you had spent on buyig it in the first place for someone you thought would have appreciated it? :unsure:

Now then Cleo! Dizzy really did appreciate what you had bought her it's just that she already had one, anyway it was the wrong voltage and shape, choosing anything electrically powered can always be a problem and personal, especially a left handed electrically powered toothbrush. :wink::D :grin:

why would you go looking on ebay for an item which you had already bought someone for Christmas?

If they didn't want it and can sell it and buy something that they do want then where is the issue? or would you rather they kept it and never used it?

I wouldn't go looking for anything on ebay that I had given as a present, but I used to do a lot of business on ebay when in uk and I know a lot of people who are regular ebay users, selling or buying. It must be very disheartening for anyone who did find out that a gift they gave someone was being sold on the cheap there even as the festivities were continuing.

A report I read said many people are selling unwanted gifts on ebay.

Personally I would be deeply offended if I spent time, effort and money buying someone a gift only to find it a few days later being offered for sale on ebay. So yes I would rather they kept it or at least return it to me with a good enough reason why they did not want it so perhaps I could exchange it for something they did want. Selling it on at a cheaper price IMO shows a distinct lack of appreciation and respect and that person would never again receive anything else from me.

OFF TOPIC, Baz were you driving M6 north on Boxing day as a Jaguar 'S' Type passed me with personal plates on starting with the letters 'BJ', probably around Leyland.

It’s a bit soon isn’t it plus you’d be competing with the sales. :D Much better to give it at least a couple of weeks or even better give it back as a present next year to those who bought it for you!

Two years ago my daughter bought us a fancy Tissamo or something coffee maker that we just don’t have the time to mess about with. We had a few cups of coffee but other than that so it’s sat in my wardrobe since then. She's just had a new kitchen extension and said there’s a perfect little space ideal for a coffee maker.

Why did we throw the box away!

Bill :)

PS Algy Didn't Linda Lovelace move to Leyland? :wink:

It’s a bit soon isn’t it plus you’d be competing with the sales. :D

Precisely Bill and that is why they are selling at well below the price (in some cases less than half) paid for them in the first place.

I can imagine that the person who gave the gift in the first place could have found some better use for the money they spent (wasted on the ungrate) themselves.

It’s a bit soon isn’t it plus you’d be competing with the sales. :D Much better to give it at least a couple of weeks or even better give it back as a present next year to those who bought it for you!

Two years ago my daughter bought us a fancy Tissamo or something coffee maker that we just don’t have the time to mess about with. We had a few cups of coffee but other than that so it’s sat in my wardrobe since then. She's just had a new kitchen extension and said there’s a perfect little space ideal for a coffee maker.

Why did we throw the box away!

Bill :)

PS Algy Didn't Linda Lovelace move to Leyland? :wink:

Bill, not being daft but who the heck is Linda Lovelace? :unsure:

I don't agree with this getting rid of presents too soon. Most of the presents I get are not what was wanted but I keep them and much later give them away to relations. Fear this leads to presents going back to the donor occasionally, as already stated , so perhaps I will have to leave them in their wrappers.(hankies and socks don't go too well on E bay)

Happy days