Doctors or Pharmacy?

Geoffrey Settle

Doctors or Pharmacy?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you prefer for a quick fix?

• Insist on waiting for a Doctor
    • Go and discuss with your Pharmacy/Chemist
    • Alternative
    • Old wives remedies
    • None of the above
    • Go to A& E

I will generally just suffer minor ailments such as colds and the like, but will call the doctors surgery if I feel that it something more serious. Sometimes they will recommend that I see a pharmacist if they have not got an appointment that day but only if it is not too serious.

For example I managed to get a piece off grit lodged under my eyelid which I could not shift. Called the surgery and explained what the problem was and if the practice nurse could sort it rather than take up the doctors time and they said that only the doctor could sort it out but if it was causing me discomfort then go and see a pharmacist and ask them if they could recommend something. They sold me some eye-drops and said that if it was still irritating me then either make an appointment with the doctor or go to A&E. In the end I went to A&E as it was really starting to make my eye really sore. They cleaned the grit out and examined my eye giving me some cream to put in as the grit had scratched the cornea.

OUCH... these's blummin gritters should take more care where they are speading their stuff eh :wink::lol:

Geoff I've not voted as it would depend what the minor ailment was. Things like a cold, stomach bug or similar I would not go to the docs anyway.

But as you did state 'minor' I would probably just get on with it and/or sort myself out and/or let it run its course.. maybe with something from the chemist if all else failed.... then maybe the docs if it got worse and didn't clear up or A&E if it turned really serious :blink: