No wonder -

observer

Well I watched the vid and must say whether or not the lad had paid for a ticket the big guy clearly assaulted him from the moment he grabbed hold of him and pulled him out of his seat and pushed him down the aisle and off the train. For one thing it was not his responsibility to do so. He was in the wrong for intervening. The ticket inspector was not in any danger of being assaulted himself at that time. You don't have to actually hit someone for a charge of assault being brought. Furthermore it was not possible to tell if the big guy actually did hit the lad when he had pushed him off the train because other bodies blocked the view. The lad could have sustained injuries anywhere from being pulled out of his seat to being pushed off the train that were not obvious in the vid.

The ticket inspector was also at fault for arguing so long with the lad and here I have to agree with everything Sid has said previously (no point repeating it), which would have been the correct procedure in this instance.

Had the inspector just left it and got the police involved they would have checked if or not he did actually pay for a ticket and if not then he would most probably have been charged with fare dodging and presented before a magistrate for punishmet.

Last year I was on a train from Liverpool to New Brighton where two larger carrying teenagers were making total pilloks of themselves. The ticket collector checked their tickets but said nothing. I asked why he hadn't said anything it wasn't worth it as there are no police available and they'd be getting off soon anyway.

I'd asked the question in a voice sufficiently loud enough to be heard by the two lads who immediately went very quiet. I then went across and politely asked them to take their dirty feet off the seats where my children have to sit and to moderate their language in front of the women and children. They both apologised and got off at the next stop very red faced.

Now I’m no big man and I took a bit of a risk by confronting them but I’m not the sort of person who can sit there and say nothing when things are clearly not right. I’ve done stuff like this several times before and thank God it’s always worked out right.

Bill :)

I just watched the vid again and actually BM asked, "Do you want me to throw him off for you?"

And TC replied, "Yeah."

Which makes them both culpable.

That's what I call teamwork and getting a positive result. No sympathy for the yob whatsoever. If you play with fire, then expect to get burnt. :roll: