Icy Boots

Geoffrey Settle

Just been out for a run and the paths and roads were still as slippy as they were this morning when I took the pup to Peel Hall Park. I had to keep to the grass as much as I could so watch out.

I now realise that my walking boots are no good on ice - can anyone recommend a good pair or should I invest in new pair of snow boots?

It's all to do with what the soles are made of Geoff. Some walking boots have good tread patterns for grip on wet or muddy surfaces but the hardness and/or the composition of materials used on the soles make they very slippery on icy surfaces.

A cheap, but warm, pair of slippers are your best bet if you want to avoid any falls.

I don't trust some of the floor tiles in the town centre. If it's slippy or icy I use an old pair of golf shoes - those with rubber studs.

Sports direct have some new from £12 and Dunlops about £20 which look more like a normal shoe. The cheaper ones (donnay) more nearly resemble a running shoe.

Happy days