5 things you should never say to a woman

algy

5 things you should never say to a woman

When it comes to women knowing what not to say is just as important as knowing what to say…

“You look tired.”

You may have meant it in a concerned and loving way, but in her head it just translates as “You look terrible.” No woman wants attention drawn to the bags under her eyes and the lack lustre look of her skin – especially not by a man. And it’s even worse if she’s not even feeling tired. Then you’re just asking for trouble.

“It must be that time of the month.”

She might have told you she can be a total nightmare once a month, and you may even be tuned in to when that is, but if you have any sense of self-preservation whatsoever, never be so bold as to suggest her behaviour has any bearing on her pre-menstrual state unless you’re looking to spend some serious time in the dog house.

“You’re being too emotional.”

Use your brain guys. On which planet is this ever a helpful comment? The last thing she needs when she’s feeling emotional is to be told she’s being too emotional. And anyway, it will only result in her becoming even more emotional or angry. There’s absolutely no point. Better wait until things calm down before trying to talk about what ever’s on your mind.

“You’re becoming more and more like your mother.”

We doubt you meant it as a compliment, but it doesn’t matter anyway. Even if she thinks her mother is the most fantastic person ever to have walked the earth, she doesn’t want to be compared to her. It just highlights the fact that she’s getting older and that’s something she’s not keen on facing just now.

“Your best mate is so beautiful.”

Have a heart fella's. Even if you do think her best friend is a stunner, keep it to yourself. Admitting you find her closest gal pal attractive will only inspire paranoia and turn her into a jealous and suspicious wreck. And that’s no fun for you to be around. So do yourself a favour and keep quiet.

Guilty as charged on 3 counts Algy

I like Groucho's sarcastic approach to the problems men have with the fairer sex.

“I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.”

“Marriage is the chief cause of divorce.”

“A man is as young as the woman he feels.”

“Marry me and I'll never look at another horse!”

“How do you feel about women's rights? I like either side of them.”

Alternatively, they say if you have to lose your wife or your dog and can't make your mind up which, you get a coin and say "heads, my wife goes; tails the dog goes". Toss the coin in the air and while it is in flight you will mmake a decision and hope it falls on the side you really want it to fall.

Happy days

Wizard. what were the exact words used to put a curse on you?

Man; I now pronounce you man and wife.

:lol::lol:Algy... that really made me laugh !

My other half has managed to say most of those in the same sentence over the weekend (other than my best mate is beautiful) and I am just about to get my spade to bury him under the flags in the back yard. No alternative really as I can't divorce him :lol:

I'm often being told that I am a becoming a lot like my mum too....I hope so :D

SO BRING IT ON !!! ... once I perfect it people will all wonder what the bloody hell hit them and as an added bonus maybe I'll be able to cook and sew too one day :D

PS Dont believe what you hear about dogs.... yes they are always happy to see you but they also stalk you and give you the 'sad eyes, I'm depressed and you don't really love me ' look :rolleyes:

I just tried to take some pics of her where I just found her ie snuggled up on my new cushions on the settee and refusing to move. I didn't have the heart to tell her off or move her amd you would realise why if my pics had come out ok but alas my camera is really naff at indoor low light 'energy saving light bulb' shots :roll:

Would have got some corkers though if it was :lol:

Cleo if I give you my phone number would you call and tell my good lady wife of your opinion, incidentally she would not believe you! :wink::D

I bet she would really Algy... she may just not admit it to you :wink:

Ps it was SL who said you would maje a perfect hubby

Just FOR FUN

I DON'T THINK WE CAN AFFORD THIS. LEAVE IT.”

Men like to be thought of as reliable creatures. A man needs to feel that his partner feels secure in his presence: physically, emotionally (yes, men too think of emotional stability and that too for you) but most importantly, financially.

“YOU SHOULD LEARN A LESSON FROM HIM (YOUR FRIEND)!”

Never ever ever say this to your man! Men hate being compared to other men and if you think that by enlisting a few good qualities of someone else, you can make him learn something, then just pick this thought form your mind and throw it in the farthest dustbin!

“ARE YOU INSANE? THIS IS STUPID! WE SHOULDN'T DO THIS!”

Guys like to have fun and go wild and do adventurous stuff every now and then. And if he thinks that you can be a part of it, then you should actually be happy about it instead of snapping at him.

:mrgreen: