She's at it again - Helen Jones and secret plans

Nick Tessla

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Kenyon Junction option is one of I think 5 for that area. The footprint of Kenyon Junction is still there ( I pass it every day) and still used by Network Rail. The actual preferred (and costed) option is for Leigh to have their own station.

This isnt news. They have been campaining in Leigh for a station pretty much since Beeching shut the original. Would the people of Culcheth really not like a railway station linking them to Manchester / Liverpool? The plans I have seen on

http://www.transportforleigh.org.uk/Transport_for_Leigh/Railway.html

dont impinge on culceth at all

Helen Jones going on about "secret plans" again - see report on news pages- this time concerning the Culcheth area (can we expect a leaflet from Chris Vobe any day now?)

I would suspect that, after his problems with Peel Hall, a certain Councillor Geoffrey Settle may not wish to contribute to the discussion. :wink:

Pour Quoi Nicki babe?

oui, non ? :rolleyes: does it really matter Dizzy - the question is still the same, ce la vie :mrgreen: Just thought that I would make a contribution because the questionner didn't that I would or did he know that I would - fishing or not fishing, what is the bait? :oops:

I'm sure there should be no space and you now seem to have a word or two missing too but like you quite rightly say, "does it matter" :wink::lol:

In answer to your question though Geoff according to my dad... luncheon meat and maggots! According to my son... boilies, ground bait and everything else which costs more and apparently gets a much better result... or maybe a lesser one... or maybe the same... depending on who you speak to :wink:

Guess it all depends on whether you are after a specimen catch or are happy with tiddlers in the run up to hopefully catching a biggie who is not as wise.

Ahh to be a clever fish eh ? :lol:

So now back to the topic :unsure:

Is she right and is there another secret plan that people are unaware of (not been the first time) or is she just spouting hot air to get news space ? Or both ?

Hi Guys,

As I am a member of the planning committee and this is my 2nd year - I abide by the rules of the committee and always state at the start of any meeting if I have any interests to declare.

As a member I must not express a view on any planning application prior to it appearing on the night of the committee. If I do so then I have to stand down from that committee on the night for that application and take no part in the proceedings.

Prior to that I can do as much research and investigation as I like but again I cannot express a view to anyone as to my thoughts on the application.

You will have read from time to time my views on applications that I have expressed on the night, in Gary's editorials. However these have been captured during the committee debate on the night. Until the night of the committee meeting I and other members are effectively gagged from saying anything and for good reason.

There are recent exceptions like the 'Rixton Clay Pigeon Shooting Club application' and the ‘Model Aircraft’ application at Moore where I have expressed a view and this has been only after an application has been submitted.

In these cases I have done so because I am the chair of Warrington Nature Conservation Forum and I have written on behalf of our members who have been outraged and felt very strongly about the applications.

It is my understanding that no application has yet been made with regard to the plans of this Leigh railway provision. I understand that a variety of options are being considered but I know more than that.

Like everybody else I will take a view when and if an application is made and in this case I may be interested in the social, ecological and conservational impact and aspects of the case. Until that takes place I will not express an opinion nor should I.

This has always been my approach and will remain so.

Pour Quoi Nicki babe?

Nicki babe? :shock: Well, Geoffy weffy, i didn't think I needed to spell it out but here's a reminder, in case your memeory really is playing up. :wink:

An excerpt from a november news article on this site

"Labour apology over "secret deal" claim

TWO Labour councillors at Warrington have made formal apologies to a Liberal Democrat councillor over false allegations concerning land at Peel Hall.

The allegations were published in Labour leaflets distributed in the Poulton North and Poplars and Hulme wards by Cllr Brian Maher and Cllr Geoff Settle (left).

Both councillors have apologised to Liberal Democrat councillor Bob Barr (right) on the North West Labour website following legal action taken by the Liberal Democrats.

Labour have paid £1,000 for the cost of the action."

Does that ring any bells with you, Geoffy Boy? :)

Nick this sounds like a bit of a limp fishing trip if you ask me :wink:

Unfortunately I can't pass comment on the above issue for legal reasons and agreements made with my solicitor - however it has been a great learning experience that I have been able to draw on for my academic research and dissertation into 'e21st Century Councillors'. Every cloud.....

http://

Nick this sounds like a bit of a limp fishing trip if you ask me :wink:

Unfortunately I can't pass comment on the above issue for legal reasons and agreements made with my solicitor - however it has been a great learning experience that I have been able to draw on for my academic research and dissertation into 'e21st Century Councillors'. Every cloud.....

Not a fishing expedition limp (would blue pills help :huh: ?) or otherwise.

I was struck by the similarity to this and the previous John Le Carre type story re supposedly clandestine meetings over Peel Hall, (except this time it involves Wigan - has the Labour MP just got it in for Labour councils? :shock: )

The remark reference yourself was merely an aside, you are not always centre stage Geoffy Weffy :) )

Having said that, I have read though your lengthy response above, the one beginning "hi guys", (was it all your own work or did Chris Vobe help :wink: ) I am not clear how your various comments about when you refrain from comment is consistent with remarks about Peel Hall being made in your Labour propoganda leaflet.

Were you not a memeber of the planning committee at that time as well - if not I apologise for the misunderstanding.

I have been a member of the planning committee since I was elected in May 2010.

So is that a yes to my question (highlighted)?

" I am not clear how your various comments about when you refrain from comment is consistent with remarks about Peel Hall being made in your Labour propoganda leaflet.

Were you not a memeber of the planning committee at that time as well "

Not that I expect a straightforward answer from a politician :(:wink:

And you're qualifications are???

I was about to ask the very same question Peter.... what qualifies Geoff to be on the planning committee when by his own admission he has spent many years as a serial student "studying all sorts from management to information systems"

did the studying include architecture, building design or stuff like that? or is that not important when deciding whether people are allowed to build or develop land