Let's call time on the monarchy

Nick Tessla

Smoking doesn't do your health any good, but it is only alleged to lead to early deaths as, who knows what the lifespan of any individual is? Something which always annoys me is the claim that stopping smoking will save your life. Utter nonsense, we are all going to die sometime. :wink: :wink: :wink:

My posting wasn't saying individuals shouldn't smoke but that it leads to early deaths (you must also believe in a flat earth if you would deny that).

Think your talking to the wrong bloke about the 'Flat Earth' Nick, Asp is a fully paid up matelot and having sailed all the five oceans of the world he's never fallen off the edge yet. :wink:

My posting wasn't saying individuals shouldn't smoke but that it leads to early deaths (you must also believe in a flat earth if you would deny that).

So can being a non-smoker.

In the Russian Steppes loads of people live to be over a hundred and still smoke.

Cancer is more likely to be kick-started by what we eat than smoking.

As a non-smoker I often come on here to defend smokers and their rights. Recently someone close to me had an operation to remove a cancerous tumour.

I was commenting to one of the other patients saying that the person I knew was a heavy smoker. He pointed to each of the beds and said pretty sadly "We all are".

I have slightly changed my thinking.

Happy days

• 4 weeks later...

Erm...Excuse me YO? :blink: Are you joking...? Wasn't it you started this thread advocating the abolishment of the Royal Head Of State and replacing it with an elected head of state? :unsure:

Am I joking ? - of course - that's why I used smiley faces - do pay attention Cleo :rolleyes:

- you're the one who is in favour if the herditary priciple, not me.

Merry Xmas

Typical brown-nosing, over-reporting by the BBC of Prince Zorba of Edinburgh being ill.

Yes it is a worry for the family, who I have as much sympathy for as any other group of people going through a similar experience, but the hours wasted on the repetitious, vacuuous reporting could have been filled with real news.

- You may be surprised to here that I didn't tune in to hear Mrs Zorba's Xmas chat :wink: - but as I believe that this extremely sheltered and wealthy woman was lecturing people about adversity and the problems of greed (how many houses and how much dosh?) I don't feel I was missing anything. :)