Name the cottage and where it is.

algy

Weast Road/Street ? (I took the W from 'west' and added 'east' <_<.)

I'm still thinking about the flowers, auditoruim and Edward :oops:

Dizz, finally were getting somewhere, you got Weaste (well almost) that would be Weaste Lane, now for Cleo, Old Edward - Edward the Elder, so what did he do to a small village next to Grappenhall?, then what is another meaning for flowers hung around your neck or head or a wreath if you like, when you've figured that out what is an auditorium such as the Parr ----.

THEN PLEASE PUT THE BLOODY LOT TOGETHER!!!!! :roll:

Ooop... the clue was "what is another meaning for flowers hung around your neck ...... " not "what flowers might you hang round your neck" :oops:

Celebration Hall, Weaste Lane, Thelwall

or

Remembrance Hall, Weaste Lane, Thelwall

or

Carnival Hall, Weaste Lane, Thelwall

or

Harvest Hall, Weaste Lane, Thelwall.

Thought I might as well get all mine over and done with in one go :lol:

I'd have said 'Punch' :oops::lol:

I've never heard of Garland Hall (well not that I can remember anyway).

It doesn't look very big to be called 'Hall' so did they do something specific there or did someone who wanted to be posher live there and just named it that ?

Seems the road was once walled 'Waste Lane' not 'Weaste' and in medieval times the term "waste" apparently referred to 'land which was outside the cultivated area or parish boundary and therefore had no owner'.

Agricultural and the lane had five farms along its length the oldest of which was called Garland Hall. (bit posh for farmers eh)

Anyway above bit's of info taken from the following web link page which is interesting.

Weast Lane Blogspot

That doesn't really answer the questions Agly :P:wink::lol:

Sorry but unless you know a good 'medium' who could get in touch with whoever named it that's as much as I know, the same photo appears on the Grappenhall & Thelwall parish Council website describing the area. I believe there is a Grappenhall History Group maybe they could help.

http://www.grappenhallandthelwallpc.org.uk/The%20Parish.htm