Name the cottage and where it is.

algy

On second thoughts....

Was number 2 in Appleton up near the top of Red Lane somewhere as the there is a road there called Windmill Lane which leads to London Road and that's on a hill too.

It's certainly a rickety looking thing wherever it was.

I've no idea at all on number 1.

Wild guess on number 2.

Was it in Moore as I'm sure there's somewhere called Windmill Hill around there.

It originated in Stockton Heath and was transported there by little mice with carts. (Ok last sentence was just me being silly) :oops:

No not Lovely Lane, Moore or Stockton heath, not mice but probably by carts as they had no lorry's then! :wink:

:lol::lol::lol: You two have thrown me completely now cos I've got the giggles.

I know where your windmill is though... but I'm not saying for now as I just came across it quite by accident as I was looking for the family of a chap who crashed a car... who owned a company ... where my ancestors may have worked :unsure: Strange old world at times :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: You two have thrown me completely now cos I've got the giggles.

I know where your windmill is though... but I'm not saying for now as I just came across it quite by accident as I was looking for the family of a chap who crashed a car... who owned a company ... where my ancestors may have worked :unsure: Strange old world at times :lol:

Whiper it to me. :wink:

The cottage possibly Orford lane,not sure though.the windmill at the junction of Stocks lane and Meeting lane moved to Penketh from Gateacre.

The cottage is not at Orford, as a matter of fact not more than a mile or so from us Grapp's.

Yes the windmill was exactly as you said although Wolfie was not as explicit as you I think that's what he meant!. :wink:

Pewtespear Lane.

Not Pewterspear Lane Peter.

Clue for the place: Wear flowers around your neck in the auditorium, go up this lane starting part West but sounding mainly East!.

Clue for the Area: Old Edward spent a little time here and gave status to the place.