New Teacher

wolfie

A teacher starts a new job at a primary school on Merseyside and, trying to make a good impression on her first day, explains to her class that she's a big football fan and supports Liverpool. She asks her students to raise their hands if they, too, are Liverpool fans.

Everyone in the class raises their hand except one little girl. The teacher looks at the girl with surprise and says: "Mary, why didn't you raise your hand?"

"Because I'm not a Liverpool fan miss," she replies. The teacher, still shocked asks:"Well, if you're not a Liverpool Fan, then who are you a fan of?"

"I'm a Man United fan, and proud of it," Mary replies. The teacher can't believe her ears. "Mary, how come you're a United fan?"

"Because my mum and dad support United, so I'm a United fan too!"

"Still," says the teacher, annoyed, "that's no reason for you to be a United fan as well. You don't have to be like your parents all the time, do you? What if your mum was a prostitute and your dad was a drug addict and car thief. Would you be like them then?"

"No," smiles Mary, "Then I'd be a Liverpool fan."