Favourite holiday destination.

algy

To date I think my favourite place is Kefalonia. The scenery is fantastic, snorkelling is excellent, the local food is brilliant and the local people are incredibly welcoming and always happy to share some time with you.

I don't have any photgraphs uploaded to share but take a quick search for Mellisani Lake and Myrtos Beach if you find a moment.

Driving through France to spend time on the Riviera... Nice is nice, Monaco is a wonderful place to drive to and around and the drive back means the holiday isn't over after a quick 2 hour flight.

Going by boat and taking the car means you aren't treated like a terrorist by airport security plus the less luggage you take, the more booze you can fit in on the way back! :D

Good point Asp :D

I don't blame you for staying at home when you spend so much time away, I do not like to drive when on holiday as I spend so much time in a car getting to different sites. :wink:

When you are away do you ever get much time so see any sites when you are in port?, I bet your passport has extra pages for the stamps :wink:

Up to 1996 Finland was always our favourite destination, beautiful country, lovely blue lakes, clinically clean hotels, clean air and nice people and albeit a short summer it can be very hot, up till the fall of the Berlin Wall it was brilliant, about two years after that the border controls were significantly relaxed with Russia and the Ruskies started going to Finland and everything seemed to go down hill, in the hotel restaurants their manners were despicable they were loutish to the extreme. I am not saying all Russians are like that but the ones I came into contact with were. We tend to use our son's apartment near Mercia in southern Spain but due to the high temperatures in summer we go in late May or mid September, very enjoyable too.