Town v Clitheroe.

Peter T

A poor perfomance, but it was better than how we did against Cheadle and Ossett. It was 50/50, end to end though.

A poor performance but better than Ossett and Cheadle (whom we beat??) were you actually there today or is this a speculative comment?.

Look where Clitheroe are in the League and take into account we were at home.

Some may say that being able to play that poorly and still not lose was the mark of a decent team........

TG - You're right but would that not apply to like of playing the bottom three/four teams away from home and scraping a point with a poor performance?

Last year this team was a top six outfit knocking on the play-off door and lets be honest its took a large backward step. Its one of two things, either the players are'nt good enough or the Manager can't get anything more out of the players and maybe he needs to ask himself questions or at the fans or board do.

No more hiding behind "lets get behind everyone" and what about our awesome unbeaten (draw laden)run.

Consistent draws = consistent mid table placings.

• Upvote 1

1 Question, where the heck was Finlay?

A poor performance but better than Ossett and Cheadle (whom we beat??) were you actually there today or is this a speculative comment?.

Look where Clitheroe are in the League and take into account we were at home.

I was there today :roll:

I wasted my time. For something like the 5th game on the trot.

I was halfway through editing my comment before then my computer froze on me.

We did play better. Collins played a blinder and the back 4 was a lot more solid, is what I was saying in a nutshell really. But Gahgan is off form and has poor confidence, the celebrations from the conversion of his missed penalty said it all., and Duffy is improving from his poor start to the season.

We only beat that pub team we played on Tuesday because of an Injury Time, Extra time penalty. Lets be realistic, that was a pathetic result and a pathetic performance. Especially after we went 2-1 up, we should have cruised. But the players just went "Were gonna cruise it, sod it and relax", so I know we won, but I think we deserved to get beat that game. Pathetic. Ossett wasn't a particularly good perfomance either.

But there has been improvements today.

TG - You're right but would that not apply to like of playing the bottom three/four teams away from home and scraping a point with a poor performance?

Last year this team was a top six outfit knocking on the play-off door and lets be honest its took a large backward step. Its one of two things, either the players are'nt good enough or the Manager can't get anything more out of the players and maybe he needs to ask himself questions or at the fans or board do.

No more hiding behind "lets get behind everyone" and what about our awesome unbeaten (draw laden)run.

Consistent draws = consistent mid table placings.

But I do agree with what you are saying here.

Some may say that being able to play that poorly and still not lose was the mark of a decent team........

Or the sign of a team being very lucky...

1 Question, where the heck was Finlay?

I was there today :roll:

I wasted my time. For something like the 5th game on the trot.

I was halfway through editing my comment before then my computer froze on me.

We did play better. Collins played a blinder and the back 4 was a lot more solid, is what I was saying in a nutshell really. But Gahgan is off form and has poor confidence, the celebrations from the conversion of his missed penalty said it all., and Duffy is improving from his poor start to the season.

We only beat that pub team we played on Tuesday because of an Injury Time, Extra time penalty. Lets be realistic, that was a pathetic result and a pathetic performance. Especially after we went 2-1 up, we should have cruised. But the players just went "Were gonna cruise it, sod it and relax", so I know we won, but I think we deserved to get beat that game. Pathetic. Ossett wasn't a particularly good perfomance either.

But there has been improvements today.

But I do agree with what you are saying here.

Or the sign of a team being very lucky...

where was finley he was banned for the sending off in the sheffleld game

• Upvote 1

we have never really had good form at home to be honest and it was not better than against cheadle generally we were awful took us 70 mins to get going thats not good,, maddo and hickey on the bench why??? our best strikers crossy is too slow and is not playing in partnership with his centre half hardwick is a liability :/ takes too many risks i say gaghan left shippo right and louis left back but hey im not joey and whatever he decides i'm happy with i have confidence that play offs are possible and that we will pick up

Yet another very poor performance and more dropped points at Cantilever park.

Any one who thinks this team is capable of making the play-offs needs to wake up and smell the coffee - you are living in dreamland.

Unfortunately tend to agree the problem is we were spoilt last season with a half decent team who could play football when they wanted, someone needs to have a word with young Sam Finlay possibly an older player with a bit of experience, as he spends to much time on the sidelines due to discipline problems I think we need a leader to get a grip of the team.

generally we were awful took us 70 mins to get going thats not good

No, v Cheadle we started playing well when a goal down, pulled it back, looked like scoring 10, and then gave up.

crossy is too slow and is not playing in partnership with his centre half hardwick is a liability

Cross is a great player, he has qualities to make up for his speed. Vidic and Puyol are the same. Cross is strong, he can tackle, great crosser (...) and cool hair. Great replacement for Matty Doughty.

He isn't playing well with his CB partner because he is at LWB. We play Cross - River - Hardwick - Duffy, I think? On paper, a solid back four, but we have 2 Gary Neville-like full backs, who overlap the wingers, leaving the back 2 and 50/50 keeper exposed.

We still lack a player like Tommo.

i say gaghan left shippo right and louis left back

Thommo? Hendo?

Thommo/Corrigan - Hendo/Hickey - Maddo/Gahgan, I think.

Who's Shippo?

Very poor game allround. Thommo looked out of sorts and then went too deep. Big hoof again rather than pass it. Collins deserved his goal for a fine display. Hickey livened it up and should be first choice with Tommo. However still unbeaten although must start turning draws into wins.

Very poor game allround. Thommo looked out of sorts and then went too deep. Big hoof again rather than pass it. Collins deserved his goal for a fine display. Hickey livened it up and should be first choice with Tommo. However still unbeaten although must start turning draws into wins.

I totally agree with what Adrian has said - but Adrian can you honestly put your hand on your heart and say that from what you have seen so far this season that this squad of players is good enough to get the club promoted?

We wont go up automatically thats for sure. Across the divisions, the team that enters the run into the play offs on form generally does better then those who have been there all season. The issue about promotion therefore is premature to consider. If we have a good run in Feb / March and get in then maybe. But we have to get there first and we have to learn how to keep it tight to start with and then find their weak spots and hit them hard there.

We are playing beneath ourselves at the moment and periodically we hit the heights be it a half here or there. Thats the frustration. You can see the potential and the lack of appliance of that potential is frustrating.

I still say we are potentially better than any of the others around us, we just need to prove it regularly. We arent at the moment and yet still getting results which arent (yet) fatally damaging our season. If we start losing again then I agree we wont get close and mid table obscurity beckons.

Keep it on the ground, use the width, keep key players on the pitch rather than suspended, try to keep a settled side where possible, know the best up front and play to their strengths all help and we arent doing that at the moment. Tommo likes it on the ground and to feet, Collins is fast and over the top balls suit him. Gaghan too likes to run onto it. Hickey likes to get in the mix and have a battle but can pass a ball well. Henders should be a better target man but drifts too deep and wide. Tell him to sit on the shoulder of the Centre backs and not move an inch, then he might improve.

The fat lady isnt singing but she'll be warming up about christmas time if we dont start winning and more importanly sending the message out that we are potentially play off material.

Is anyone considering going to Newcastle? Waste of 5 hours and £20, the way we are playing...

And no, we are not going up. Unless we go up next season or the season after, I don't reckon we will go up for quite a while. I doubt we can reach ninth again this season, to be honest.

1 jamie henders -is hendo 2 ian madin -is maddo 3 liam shipton -is shipo that is the nicknames but i dont know all the nicknames but i know someone will :oops:

Nah, I was just asking about Shippo. I was suggesting the front 3 I would use. :)

Adrian, wouldn't it be better if we sent a message out that we aren't play off material? Then teams will play cheapo attacking tactics so we can hit them on the counter? All we ever do...

Let’s all get a bit of perspective here,

Town are unbeaten in 8 ,only lost one in the last 10.

If you were asked at the start of the season if you would like town to go unbeaten in 8 games, only loosing 7 in 28 you would have been happy. Admittedly there have been a lot of draws against teams we should beat on paper, but as the old adage says, the game is played on grass!!

The team is not playing well, and it is sometimes painful to watch, but you can’t deny it has been entertaining edge of the seat stuff at times.

Yes we are dropping points, but so it seems, are the teams around us, we sit in mid-table but are only 5 points from a play-off place, There is still a large part of the season still to go, so why all the doom and gloom.

Perhaps we are having our obligatory shaky period now instead of later in the season.

I was never one to believe that we would win promotion outright this year, there are too many good teams in the league, but I still think that we have a chance at a playoff spot.

I also don’t see us being relegated, and the off the field situation does mean that we will have a club to support, unlike what has, and is happening elsewhere.

Therefore midterm report should read, trying hard to succeed but could do better !!