End of November could be end of season!

theinsider

Looking at the up and coming fixtures I fear the season could be over for Warrington as far as the play offs go by the end of November - still a lot of games to go I know but although the team is on an unbeaten run of seven games they are still not impressing.

The next four league games this month will define the season as far as the play offs go IMHO

Looking at the up and coming fixtures I fear the season could be over for Warrington as far as the play offs go by the end of November - still a lot of games to go I know but although the team is on an unbeaten run of seven games they are still not impressing.

The next four league games this month will define the season as far as the play offs go IMHO

The phrophesiser of doom has spoken again then. Let's hope you are wrong, but whatever happens in the next few games, the season certainly won't be over at the end of the month. Much still to play for.

Conceeding 4 at home to Cheadle, who are bottom of some league miles below ours? Conceeded two against Ossett? Looking at that, I'd have packed our bags for a trip to the relegation zone if everyone wasn't going bust...

With performances like that, the club is going backwards.

They have NO spirit or determination. Go one down, they pull it to 2-1 before taking their minds of it again. They get to a scoreline that the Manager/we want, then drop back and expect to hold on to the result. Last night showed this perfectly.

To be fair, Saturday was my first home win since Lancaster (2nd game) and I am happy with 2 on the trot, so we might have home form sorted (Doubt it...), so we just need to get into the habit of not conceeding in the 10th-20th minutes and we can build from there. These were 2 'easy' :rolleyes: games though, so I doubt this is happening.

No spirit or determination? I have to take issue with this....

Did you see the two games against sheffield? Or the way henders and river have both put themselves forward to play goalkeeper because of the injuries? Or how they demolished salford? Or how the young lads have worked so hard to prove themselves in the squad? I could go on.....

Crawley beat Derby County and reached FA Cup 5th round... Who's better?

The point is, they are bottom of a league 2/3 divisions below us. Maybe they did beat Vauxhall Motors(?) but they are still doing poorly in a poor league.

I've been to £20 worth of matches this season, so my season ticket is "paid off" which means it doesn't cost for me to not bother coming and watch Soccer Saturday instead.

To be honest, after Hendo scored we should/could have had 8, But we just gave up. Whats the point in turning up on a Tuesday to watch that kind of attitude from some reserves and benchwarmers? That should have been an easy win, even reaching double figures, but we went all Stevie Gee and got on our perches too quickly, then they got themselves into the game, levelled it and pretty much wasted 120 minutes of our lives.

Switching penalty taker mid-game isn't good for team morale and confidence, is it?

Did you see the two games against sheffield?

-

Or the way henders and river have both put themselves forward to play goalkeeper because of the injuries?

--

Or how they demolished salford?

--

Or how the young lads have worked so hard to prove themselves in the squad?

2 games v Sheffield - Went 2 down, pulled it back then climbed back onto our perch?

Someone has to go in net when the keeper is injured, don't they?

I didn't see the Salford game, so can't comment on that one. From what I heard, we didn't turn up 1st half, which shows how much the team cared about it until Joey had his say. Only example of determination I can think of.

Last night would have been a repeat of that, maybe a few goals better if we didn't give up when we thought we were cruising and expecting another 5-1.

Jackson and Finlay are the only 2 players who have come through the youth system and are now in the first team (I think?), so I'm not sure what you mean there. I know we played youth last night, but it was hardly a big opponent.

Finley was signed from Southport, we didn't change penalty taker, Thommo has been our penalty taker for a while, wasn't on when we got one against Sheffield, but when he is on, then he is our number one from the spot. Lets get behind the lads more, instead of criticising, we're in the QF of one cup, two wins away from the play offs, got a winnable game in the Doodson Cup. Warrior, start to come to away games and see how the fans get behind the players, you will see how how the effort that goes in both on and off the field. I know the players appreciate the support from BTG, especially away from home. Look forward to seeing you at an away game soon mate

we do settle a little to easily when going a goal up however i think we are planning for the future we must have one of the youngest teams in the league with probably the best back four,, for me the the best starting line up we have is probably

GK-Olfield

Defence-Duffy(rb)river(cb)hardwick??(cb)matty cross(lb)

Midfield-gaghan(rm) Jackson and finley(CMs) corrigan(lm)

Forwards-Hickey and Maddo or Thommo and Maddo

this leaves us with a strong bench of pace fitness and quality with the like of shippo who was amazing the other night thommo or hickey depending who we start alan who is only on the bench because he is too one footed kyle who again is only there because he plays nothing balls wadey who in my opinion is just as good as nick but needs a bit more composure but a lot better defensively

and yes rob sam was signed southport and i believe shippo and nick were both bought cause as too my knowledge shippo played for crewe and jackson for united and stoke (may be wrong)

but we are moving in the right direction both on and off the pitch however i reckon we should look into where we would move to IF we progress through the leagues because there is no room to extend the current ground unless we scrap current stands and start again --> i mean obviously im not looking for now i mean if we progressivly do this over time

I disagree with alot of the posts in this thread.

The game against Cheadle was always going to be very tough, they had nothing to lose and playing like it.

The players who played on tuesday i would say only 5 would be called experinced first teamers one of who Duffy was playing out of position.

I think we have a chance of the playoffs as apart from the teams at the top the league is very congested plus we are winning without playing well isint that the sign of a good team.

I think once Pritchard is back fit we will have a reliable goalkeeper as Oldfield at times is as solid as quick sand, Duffy hasnt hit the heights of last season same as Tom Hardwick. However there is some positives River, Cross, Finley (when not suspended) and Hickey have all improved the side. I am hoping for a charge up the table once we start playing well.

i didnt put pritch in because he is still gonna be about for another few weeks because at the radcliffe game a few of us that stand by the dugout had a chat to joey and they believe there is slight damage to his achilles so :/ and duffy has lost a bit of is pace hardwick can play but is just a bt clumsy and dosey so far this season nick jackson is amazin as it shippo but why are we still playing kyle his weak doesnt really play good passes :/ but in general i disagree but i think burgerman (rob) i think you have a bias view and look to much through rosetinted glasses

A while back I mentioned that Robbie Wood and Lee Sharpe play for us on Footie manager. Had a check, and on the full game we have our proper squad, with Matt Doughty, Jack MacGown and Adam Wad. (And then the real players, apart from Finlay. No chance of making a profit there then...)

Finley was signed from Southport

--

we didn't change penalty taker, Thommo has been our penalty taker for a while, wasn't on when we got one against Sheffield, but when he is on, then he is our number one from the spot.

--

Warrior, start to come to away games and see how the fans get behind the players, you will see how how the effort that goes in both on and off the field. I know the players appreciate the support from BTG, especially away from home. Look forward to seeing you at an away game soon mate

If Finlay was signed from Southport, fair enough. How old is he ATM? I have 17 in my head but I doubt it. I am sure I heard he came through the youth, anyway.

...Is it Finley or Finlay? Starting to annoy me seeing everyone spell it differently

Thinking about it, I'm not sure if Thommo was on when Gahgan took his penalty on Tuesday, or if Gahgan was playing when Thommo took his, but if Gahgan was on when Thommo scored his penalty, it would seem like the manager/players having no faith in Gahgan after his fairly decent penalty was saved, which doesn't seem bad for confidence. Gahgan seems to be one of our players who is most affected by confidence aswell, which is what makes it worse. (And we did change penalty taker, Gahgan took the first and Thommo took the second. Maybe not changing the first choice penalty taker; but we did change taker during the game)

I would go to away games, but I usually don't because I can't get people to come with me etc. If I can get people to come with me sometime, I will. How different is the BTG (Is that behind the goals, yeah?) support away from home from the home games?

we do settle a little to easily when going a goal up however i think we are planning for the future we must have one of the youngest teams in the league with probably the best back four,, for me the the best starting line up we have is probably

GK-Olfield

Defence-Duffy(rb)river(cb)hardwick??(cb)matty cross(lb)

Midfield-gaghan(rm) Jackson and finley(CMs) corrigan(lm)

Forwards-Hickey and Maddo or Thommo and Maddo

Hendo? Hamid?

Not sure about Gahgan on the right either. 3-4-3 works better for us. Too many left wingers...

and yes rob sam was signed southport and i believe shippo and nick were both bought cause as too my knowledge shippo played for crewe and jackson for united and stoke (may be wrong)

Did he? Manchester United and Stoke City, or Ashton United and Stoke Wanderers or something like that? Wouldn't be surprised if he did though, he is a great player.

i reckon we should look into where we would move to IF we progress through the leagues because there is no room to extend the current ground unless we scrap current stands and start again --> i mean obviously im not looking for now i mean if we progressivly do this over time

I don't think that Crawleys stadium is much bigger than ours.

Need to sort out the terraces so we can have big European nights though. Or is that thinking too far ahead?

plus we are winning without playing well isint that the sign of a good team.

119th minute penalties?

Duffy hasnt hit the heights of last season

He's still scored our best goal this season though, so give him some credit.

its finley and he's 19 and nick jackson is quality,, hendo is a pile of garbage so is kyle hamid,, maddo i a great signing he is our heskey figure :D holds up the ball well to play off him the ball sticks to him like amagnet great touch grat work rate,, tbh gaghan hasnt really performed of late and its not the fact we have too many left wingers its too many wingers full stop fine then drop gaghan and put shippo on he is quality we have a great bunch of players lets move forward and promotion will come in the next few years so dont give up hope get behind the lads you say we arent moving forward i totally disagree i have seen the progress on and off the pitch over the last few season (started watchin back nd of 2007/08 season from december) so i have seen us at the bottom working up

Progress on the pitch has hit a brick wall I think. Losing Evo, Pritch and Tomlinson has taken us backwards a small bit, but Maddo etc could make up for that, but I'm not sure yet. Maddo seems to be quality though, and Hamid is also a good player I think. Hendo can have his games, 50/50. Gahgan suffers from confidence problems the most, so dropping him might make it longer till he returns to his best.

I have seen a huge improvement from the start of the season up to now on the pitch, the draws we have had we could of won most of them. The team have pushed 100% most of the time to go for a win. For example, Mossley away last week Matty Cross was sprinting down the wing comstantly trying to get the ball into the box, scored a goal, as then sprinting back to defend. Collins on the right holding the ball waiting for players to be in or around the box so they could get something out of it. Even strikers holding the ball up to create options wide and centre. I do agree about the Finley post, people need to sart spelling his name right as its getting pretty annoying now. Whether we have drawn or won in the past 7 games, they are points that are being built up, half of our supporters expect us to turn up week in week out and demolish a team off, they don't stop to think about congratulating and mentioning how well our opposition play they go straight to the conclusion that Warrington aren't doing well and it's starting to annoy me a lot. I haven't supported the club for a long time but I for one have brought new supporters to the club who enjoy watching them play. Instead of constantly critisising our team why don't we all get behind them instead. We have every right to believe we can still make the play offs, don't be so bloody negative and if you want to be take it to another club because we would be happy to see the moaning people go.

i didnt put pritch in because he is still gonna be about for another few weeks because at the radcliffe game a few of us that stand by the dugout had a chat to joey and they believe there is slight damage to his achilles so :/ and duffy has lost a bit of is pace hardwick can play but is just a bt clumsy and dosey so far this season nick jackson is amazin as it shippo but why are we still playing kyle his weak doesnt really play good passes :/ but in general i disagree but i think burgerman (rob) i think you have a bias view and look to much through rosetinted glasses

Trust me im not Rob.

Nick Jackson was are weakest player on tuesday and and i havnt been overly impressed I know he is young and is learning as for shippo hasnt been pulling up trees in the league has he.

Yet you are critical of a player like Kyle Hamid who i think has a lot of potential and he is only a young lad too.

Hendo i agree partially strikers are all confiedence players and Hendo hasnt got any left at the moment, I have seen Hendo playing against Town and he was class. he justs need abit of look.

Trust me I have seen good players in town shirts and will speak my mind when i dont think a player is good enough for Town.

We have not lost in the league since the debarcle at Garforth and without playing well we have joined the race for the playoffs.

To follow up from last year was going to be tough losing a captain like Tommo is going to effect any team and to that the loss of Pritch and Corrigan that is 3 from the solid back 5 last season missing and good players like those 3 are hard to replace.

The recovery has started and is now starting to look a little brighter, but as someone who saw Town relagated from this league in the past I think people are being far too negative we are 5 points from the playoffs imagine were we will be when we start playing well .

I think off the field the club is in a position that it has never been and that is safety

So please tell me how I am watching life through rose tinted glasses.

After reading a lot of these posts I don't think we should get carried away, the last few games have been against lower placed teams who I would expect to beat. I don't know how you can say we have the best back four in the league with the 5th worst defensive record in the league but you entitled to your opinion, but I agree there are signs of hope and we can get the season on track if we can beat the teams coming up in the next six weeks.

We have won 2 games, yeah, but we only scraped it. Its points on the board, but its still playing bad. United fans refused to accept they were playing bad running up to the City game because they were winning, and we know what happened in that game, don't we? Maybe I am just being paranoid because of that, but we are getting ahead of ourselves because of a lucky 8 games unbeaten, just like United did. Then City caught them off guard. What is it the bloke off Harry Potter says? Constant Vigilance or something like that?

...What he said.

Yes, these are lower placed teams we are expected to beat. I think needing a last minute penalty to avoid a shoot-out against them is as bad as losing. Like United v Crawley, United were embarrassed even though they won. After Hendo scored, if we had kept the pace up we would have had 9, 10 goals. But we just let them outplay us, pathetic.

People are saying we shouldn't criticize them because they still won, but the point is we didn't deserve to.

So it is Finley then? My bad.

Its a results game. PEOPLE WILL REMEMBER THE LEAGUE POSITION ONCE THE SEASON ENDS! How do you improve the league position - get points everytime you take to the field. No ifs, no buts. The cruel reality of football is that you can outplay a team for 89 minutes, and it only takes one error or an incompetent ref or someone slipping over in the 90th minute and youve lost one-nil - no points, no credit, no nothing

Very interesting mixture of comments, the good, the bad and the ugly.

Amazing how some fans are saying some of the players are great while other fans are saying the same player is rubbish! :shock:

I think a fair summary of the situation is...

The team has some good and some not so good players and is not achieving the expectations of all supporters.

Pretty much the same as every other football club apart from the ones with unlimited financial resources.

Looking form a far the club raised the cross bar a few seasons ago, has got to mid table respectability, shows the odd glimmer of hope for being able to make the play-offs but in reality, probably hasn't gone as far as some supporters had hoped.

I suspect by the end of the current season the team will have retained the status quo - and for those less intelligent ones of you - remained the same.

Its a results game, but form affects the results.

Amazing how some fans are saying some of the players are great while other fans are saying the same player is rubbish! :shock:

I think that is a side effect of being the only team in our league that doesn't do video replays.

Pretty much the same as every other football club apart from the ones with unlimited financial resources.

Lets just get unlimited financial resources then. How hard can it be? :wink: