Unique cottages.

algy

Sheesh! How could they still be standing today? Looks like they were under demolition when the photograph was taken. Would have been cheaper to knock them down and build new ones than renovate those! :blink::unsure:

It's Stockton Heath/Grappenhall but I think the houses would have been rebuilt. They sure are in a better condition today.

It is not Stockton Heath or Grappenhall, think further out, I need not only the area but exactly where in that location.

Yes Cleo the cottages were rebuilt!.

I'm not giving clues yet as I know at least one person on here who may know them., and I'm not thinking Grapp's, that's not to say he doesn't know. :D

Bridgewater canal near to the Walton arms?

No not near the Walton Arms, look at the photo carefully and you will see why I say these cottages are unique, one feature remains that was there at that time. Come on where's the detective in you people!. :roll:

Rats are scared of cats. Cats eat rats. :wink:

Just depends how big the rats are, many years ago I worked at Capper's at Woolston which is by the bank of the Mersey, and remember walking up the yard one morning I saw a rat waddling along in front of me and without exaggeration it was bigger than a cat almost like a small terrier. :shock:

Just depends how big the rats are, many years ago I worked at Capper's at Woolston which is by the bank of the Mersey, and remember walking up the yard one morning I saw a rat waddling along in front of me and without exaggeration it was bigger than a cat almost like a small terrier. :shock:

My Tao would have taken that on. He's a big cat with even bigger courage. His son, Anthony, is even more courageous than his dad. He doesn't hesitate to chase off street cats twice his size. :lol:

I wouldn't have got that even if you had posted a photo taken today Algy.

What lovely cottages and like Cleo I'd like one of those... just for me :D

As for the rats, no problem as you just have to know how their minds work :lol::wink:

If you ever travel along the old Warrington to Runcorn Road after entering Moore village the road meets the Bridgewater canal and the cottages are on the other side of the canal almost opposite the paper shop.

I have had to move out of Warrington into the outlying districts as most of the usable photos of town that remain are too easy and don't present much of a challenge.

I bought petrol at that paper shop some years back, and I wouldn't mind a pound for every time I have cycled and driven along there going to Astmoor Industrial estate on shifts.

I started at ICI in 1967 and like you travel the road regularly and always called at the Red Lion after working over, which was most nights for a couple of pints, that stopped abruptly when the breathalyser was introduced. :roll: