Ossett frighten WTFC.

Peter T

Something seriously wrong, when a team at the bottom of the table can come to Cantilever(The fortress????) and score two goals.

Joey and his team are good, BUUT the players are not performing. They should beat teams like Ossett 5-0 at home. It's ok making excuses, blaming the ref, the ball hit the post etc.

Put the ball between the sticks.

The team is full of talent but there is obviously an underlying problem. It needs sorting.

Sure the headlines, are another win to stretch their unbeaten run, but unless the performance is there, folks will soon get fed up.

YOU MAKE YOUR OWN LUCK.

To be fair, the score should have been 5-2. Thommo deserved a goal for his overhead kick (Heard that before...) and he also deserved a goal when he did some form of Messi run at them before Heskeying it at the open net. He deserved more than 2 for how he played.

Anyway, the ball DID hit the post and the referee WAS pretty bad, so we did get bad luck there. We deserved a bigger win, but we didn't deserve the clean sheet. I'd say we deserved 1 or 2 more than we got.

Was the ref the same bloke from the game the other week when we went down to 9?

But I do see your point, we do scrape these results at times, but today we deserved more but the scoreline was about right, if you get me.

We did improve today though, we had better chances than normal and we converted them better than normal. Like I said, Thommo deserved a hat trick, and we did go 20 minutes at the start without conceeding for a change. Something like 15 games since I last saw that. We still conceded first though.

This was a game we should have won 5-0 on paper, we deserved to win, we deserved more goals but we let in 2 stupid goals and it finished up as a pretty much embarrassing scoreline anyway. Difficult game to some up really.

I think that if we stop the silly little things like ALWAYS conceding first at home, not shooting (Which I am starting to think might be mainly Gahgan? One of our better players but needs to sort this out, he seems scared of shooting at times) and turning off at vital points of the game (1 Goal ahead in the last 10 minutes, after scoring etc) and we will have a decent team that will scrap out results.

But you make your own luck. There are probably 6 players capable of scoring on the pitch most weeks, so it's not like the pressure is on one player.

Last season when the comments started, the reply was look where we are now to how we were last season. What's the response now? The muddy season starts now and most of the team are better on a good surface. At the moment, things are a little grim.

To be fair, the score should have been 5-2. Thommo deserved a goal for his overhead kick (Heard that before...) and he also deserved a goal when he did some form of Messi run at them before Heskeying it at the open net. He deserved more than 2 for how he played.

Anyway, the ball DID hit the post and the referee WAS pretty bad, so we did get bad luck there. We deserved a bigger win, but we didn't deserve the clean sheet. I'd say we deserved 1 or 2 more than we got.

Was the ref the same bloke from the game the other week when we went down to 9?

But I do see your point, we do scrape these results at times, but today we deserved more but the scoreline was about right, if you get me.

We did improve today though, we had better chances than normal and we converted them better than normal. Like I said, Thommo deserved a hat trick, and we did go 20 minutes at the start without conceeding for a change. Something like 15 games since I last saw that. We still conceded first though.

This was a game we should have won 5-0 on paper, we deserved to win, we deserved more goals but we let in 2 stupid goals and it finished up as a pretty much embarrassing scoreline anyway. Difficult game to some up really.

I think that if we stop the silly little things like ALWAYS conceding first at home, not shooting (Which I am starting to think might be mainly Gahgan? One of our better players but needs to sort this out, he seems scared of shooting at times) and turning off at vital points of the game (1 Goal ahead in the last 10 minutes, after scoring etc) and we will have a decent team that will scrap out results.

Wire Warrior - There is nothing fair about the word SHOULD. It either is or it is'nt.

To many match reports this season have apportioned blame to the match officials or the woodwork. Its same pool of match officials for all three divisions so everyone gets the same ones along with the same size goalposts. You either take your chances or you don't, it can't be a case of he SHOULD have finished it.

What's the relevance of this then?

Warrington have hardly bagged a sack full of points against the above with the exception of Osset?

The relevance is that some of the top sides have been given a good game by an Ossett side which has had 12 of their first team squad missing through injury for most of the season - hence their lowly league position.

Talking to their directors on saturday, it was their first game when they had a full strength team which included a couple of players with football league experience.

Warrington got three points which is the most important thing, it was also a very entertaining game of football, like quite a few others I have seen this season.

Three points, entertaining football and only one defeat in last nine games - what more do you want?

If you are only interested in 5-0 thrashings I am sure one of those will come along in the not too distant future.

Most importantly Warrington Town is not a club looking over its shoulder wondering whether it will be able to complete its fixtures this season.

Think yourself lucky to have a football club which is still going to be here at the end of the season - and forseeable future!

Are you predicting a 5-0 tomorrow against whoever it is we are playing in the Chesire Mickey Mouse Vase (Or whatever it is...) then?

I am starting to think we might finish 6th or 7th again. If we can beat these lower teams at home week in week out (How many times have we said this? Home form is abysmal...) and keep up our away form, we should easily reach the playoffs. (...Then get knocked out by Skem)

Quote:Three points, entertaining football and only one defeat in last nine games - what more do you want?

Fine, but year in and year out, we should be in the top 6 all season. As it was, the wheels fell off from the start of the season.

Consistency is the word that is lacking. We need to improve at a better rate than the poo (or the Toffees). Not emulate them. :wink:

I think we are slowly improving. We are only 5 points off the play offs now. A steady slow burner it may be, but better than we started.

You should show some respect for the Cheshire Senior Cup and opponents Cheadle Town. If the players don't show them respect, Cheadle will be more than happy to embarrass us. They have scored and conceded lots of goals this season, so it promises to be an entertaining game.

Here's to a Town win and a place in the 1/4 finals.

£8 for a low level cup game is a tad high I think.

May be it is but we have to split the "profit" with the visiting team and for club's like Cheadle it is their only real chance of making any money by progressing in a cup competition. Also Warrington are taking this competition seriously. If we win tonight we could get Chester at home in the next round when suddenly everyone will want to be at the game.

The expenses of putting on this game is exactly the same as any other game - and along with the League cup is now Warrington's only chance of silverware this season.

The prices for the youngsters are still very competative at just £2 for anyone aged under 16.

In reality this game tonight will cost the club a lot of money to stage.

Think of it as more of a donation to your local community team which is working hard to improve as a club on every step of the journey.

:wink:

Can't we also get Crewe, Altrincham, Stockport, Macclesfield, Northwich and Tranmere in this one? Chester isn't even that big a game compared to most of them. I'd prefer we got Stockport, I have a few mates with Stockport STs, small chance of bragging rights :D

Why choose Chester as an example, when there is a good bunch of league/conference teams we could play? Is it seeded?

Can't we also get Crewe, Altrincham, Stockport, Macclesfield, Northwich and Tranmere in this one? Chester isn't even that big a game compared to most of them. I'd prefer we got Stockport, I have a few mates with Stockport STs, small chance of bragging rights :D

Why choose Chester as an example, when there is a good bunch of league/conference teams we could play? Is it seeded?

Chester filled the ground, and Town rose above themselves. :wink: