Where is this and who's factory is it?.

algy

Oooh I was going to say Bishops Wharf but if it was it's a much older pic than the Bishop's I remember seeing and that was more to do with the tanneries later in it's time but this picture looks older. Did that make sense ?

Is Bishop's Wharf the same as Howley Quay :oops:

If not my next guess is Howley Quay like Arty but something to do with Greenalls distribution as like Graps says there are a lot of barrel looking items in the pic... unless they are dead cows of course :blink:

Oooh I was going to say Bishops Wharf but if it was it's a much older pic than the Bishop's I remember seeing and that was more to do with the tanneries later in it's time but this picture looks older. Did that make sense ?

Is Bishop's Wharf the same as Howley Quay :oops:

If not my next guess is Howley Quay like Arty but something to do with Greenalls distribution as like Graps says there are a lot of barrels in the pic :blink:

Grapp's is nearest! and yes it is Bank Quay wharf in the 1860's, but not Crosfield's.

Bugger... maybe ignore that as Arty already said glass works and he got a 'No'... not to mention the fact that I should have said Cartwright & Sons

Glass Works anyway :oops::lol:

Sorry :blink:

Yes Dizz, glass works, so we have Bank Quay glass works, not Cartwright & Sons though!. This company as far as I'm aware did not own their own wharf and used their adjacent neighbours, Crosfields wharf to unload raw materials.

Clue - On the radio Archie did all the talking while Peter appeared to have nothing to say!.