Kevin Penny

Latchford Locks

Poor lad must have done something really really wicked in a past life to have the luck he has had in his career.

Now Wakefield have released him and no doubt will replace him with some third rate aussie over here for a quick buck.I don't understand how such an enthusiastic and talented lad can not get a settled career with any club :roll:

Yes it is a shame.

You can't fault the guy for effort. Sensational pace. I was a little upset to see Warrington let him go. I feel under the right training and time we could have had our own superstar there.

Maybe Widnes could be an option for him. He had a successful loan spell there and he is one Paul Cullen's "boys."

He is too good for the championship. I just hope a super league club takes him and like I said, with the right guidance he can be a top player.

I wish him well.

He's a lazy slacker. What sticks in my mind about last season isn't the tremendous victories Wire had but seeing the Catalans winger pick up a loose ball and race away and Williams giving up the chase to catch him. Having said that he does have an Italian look about him and they had a habit of surrendering.He may be a Welsh international but that demonstrates the limited choice of players available for the Welsh team rather than any abilities Williams might have.

If anybody thinks Rhys*Stroller*Williams is better than Kevin Penny they don't know what they are talking about.I could describe him as a fat lazy midget but I'm far too polite for that.

I often wonder if Penny had arrived on the scene a couple of years later and had the benefit of Sir Tony's tutelage if he would have become a real star in the game ?

And yes Williams is just an average winger better suited in the lower leagues as a part timer NEVER going to make it into a top side.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem Kevin Penny has got is that he isn't built like a brick outhouse which seems to be a prerequesite even for for wingers in the modern game(or is that *edge* runner?). What he has got though is pace to burn. In the recent match England vs New Zealand the winger Briscoe was in the clear from a loose ball near his own line and was caught easily by the Kiwi centre coming over from the other side of the pitch..Had it been Penny it would have been a certain six points. It's said that when Penny was at the Wire he wasn't the fastest player on the books..Rhys Williams was...yeah right.If you believe that I've got a bridge for sale you might be interested in.