NEETs?

observer

So.... Kije knows of a Polish shopkeeper and some Polish bloke in Hinckley who live on their own.... Peter knows of 8 living in one house and I know of at least 16 living in two houses... so far, our survey says that most Poles live more than one family to a house!!

Kije, answer the second part of my previous post....

.........should say a qualified Electrician be able to come over from Estonia and work on sites over here as an electrician for less than the agreed national rate for the job? I agree with your statement that any British person who refuses a job for minimum wage should lose benefits, but I also think that any employer that hires skilled tradesmen from abroad which will enevitably put British tradesmen either out of work or at a financial disadvantage; should be either fined or closed down. If there are no tradesmen here, then fine, but we all know that this is not the case (Just look at the Olympics sites for example.....there are tens of thousands of foreign trades on there while we are paying for British tradesmen to stay on the dole because there is no work for them

This isn't a level playing field anymore; especially if it means that we have to foot the bill in unemployment benefits to pay for the workers affected by the cheap labour imports....

Seems funny to me that the "arguments" about jobs never seems to change. Throughout my life I have heard these same points put forward time and time again.

"All these ( insert foreign race of choice) coming over here living (insert number between five and ten) to a house and taking our jobs. Our youngsters can't get work and these people are walking into jobs willy nilly, when will it all end"

So who do we blame. The politicians for letting all these people into the country in the first place?

The company's who employ them at less than the going rate so that they can at least keep going and maybe just show a profit to their shareholders.?

The people themselves who are willing to uproot from their home, travel across several countries to do the work at less than the going rate but still at a greater rate than they would get at home plus all the "benefits" of working in this country entails as regards better working conditions and health and safety?

The "local "people who are signing on that get told that if they do manage to get a job they will be worse off because they will then have to pay tax and NI on their earnings, find money to pay off the gas and electric bills, council tax,rent or mortgage,travel to and from work and money to feed and clothe themselves plus pay for their nights out?

With the decline of manufacturing in this country we were all told that IT was the way to go and emphasis was taken away from "engineering" type education and directed towards "computer" based education. Youngsters were encouraged to "get a decent education" go to college and study for a higher education qualification as you will have more chance of getting a job at the end of it.(it also kept them off the unemployed figures for a while and so ticked the right boxes).

What the answer is I do not know, which probably means I could get a job in planning for the future of the country. :mrgreen:

Flippin heck SID, that's a war and peace article from you. Go have a lie down. :D:wink:

All good points though. Greed and laziness IMO. Greed for the companies and shareholders, and laziness on the part of the workers/people for not rising up and complaining to their politicians. They just accept things in the English way and do nowt.

Who is to blame? Well, ultimately the British people for this exercise in political myopia. They've gone for cheap imports produced by cheap foreign labour, then wonder why our industries have dissapeared along with the jobs they provided. Then we've had the employers sucking in the cheap labour to stay in buisiness. Then we've got the EU which actually promotes this free movement of labour within the EU, and fails to control such movements from without. Then we've got the liberal luvvy political class, who are incapable of seeing beyond the next election, and sleep walk from one self inflicted crisis to the next. Few have ever climbed a tree in order to see the wood. :roll: