Where is the Delivery Boy?.

algy

Definately delivering Milk as Bill says and I think it's Stockton Heath too.

But where.... ARRRG I know 'I know' but I can't remember ? :unsure:

Orchard Street near the Bridgewater Canal ?

GG got there first Dizz, it's London Road Stockton Heath before shops were built on the left hand side, the wall that you can see on the left is the gable end of "The Mulberry Tree" I had to remove it's name from this wall as it would have instantly given the game away, further up the London Road the lane to the right was unnamed at this time but eventually would become West Avenue.

I wonder if the young lad standing in the centre of the road whether his mother knows he's smoking a pipe.

She knew when she saw the photo, algy, and gave him a clip round the earhole and told him, "That's for taking your dad's best pipe and when he comes home he'll give you another one! Don't you know smoking stunts your growth? Just look what smoking did to your dad, he's only five feet one in his stocking feet and he could have been six feet one had it not been for that pipe!"

Oooh try as I might I can't place that from your description Agly. Bugger hang on a sec there's the door bell again....

...I;m back again

I know the road that became West Avenue and I of course know the Mull Pub but is that the gable end of the original pub rather than the one we see today. I suess it must be as it is flat and has no shape.

Also were the buildings at the top of your photo houses as from what you say they would have been pretty much where the estate agent and cobblers is now (well was until the cobbler was recently moved out of his long standing premises :( )

Call me thick but I just can't place it even with the answer :oops:

Too may sweeties and a sugar overdose for me maybe :lol:

Oooh try as I might I can't place that from your description Agly. Bugger hang on a sec there's the door bell again....

...I;m back again

I know the road that became West Avenue and I of course know the Mull Pub but is that the gable end of the original pub rather than the one we see today. I suess it must be as it is flat and has no shape.

Also were the buildings at the top of your photo houses as from what you say they would have been pretty much where the estate agent and cobblers is now (well was until the cobbler was recently moved out of his long standing premises :( )

Call me thick but I just can't place it even with the answer :oops:

Too may sweeties and a sugar overdose for me maybe :lol:

Dizz, that was the original "Mull" and the buildings that you are struggling with are as you say where the estate agents are, those houses were known as Beaconsfield Terrace and West avenue was "Narrow Lane". The red Lion was also there but set back behind the end building .

StocktonHeathBeaconsfieldTerracetheRedLionpub.jpg