Where was this building situated?.

algy

Errrrm .... I'm thinking about the clue, I may be some time :blink:

although I did of course spot the word 'hall'

So for now and a complete guess...

Is it a gatekeepers cottage as there is a wall near the trees so looks like whatever is near the house was enclosed. Appleton Hall Gatekeeprs Cottage maybe (if it had one) :oops:

Errrrm .... I'm thinking about the clue, I may be some time :blink:

although I did of course spot the word 'hall'

So for now and a complete guess...

Is it a gatekeepers cottage as there is a wall near the trees so looks like whatever is near the house was enclosed. Appleton Hall Gatekeeprs Cottage maybe (if it had one) :oops:

No! Dizz, maybe I'm being a bit of a thicko' but I haven't got the meaning that GG has put up :oops: , however I don't want you to elaborate GG just in case you make it to easy for Dizzy and Co. :blink:

I'm struggling.

Did they make something there which resulted in waste which needed to be removed?

Just wondered cos of the cart and the bloke brushing up, is he brushing sawdust up?

Gosh that was bad even for me :oops::lol:

No Dizz to my knowledge they did not make anything there resulting in sufficient waste to warrant special removal by horse and cart, those men I presume where purely cleaning the street and footpaths. :D

Components of the alphabet=letters=post office, and I have only just seen this as I have been busy shifting a load of logs.

Sounds as if you are stocking up fuel for winter Peter. I did say I was a bit of a thicko' after GG displayed his clue - Duuur!!!! :oops:

Components of the alphabet=letters=post office, and I have only just seen this as I have been busy shifting a load of logs.

Clever clogs.

Good clue GG :wink:

But gosh I'm a thicko too as I just couldn't get it and my reference to sawdust was because I could find the word 'table' in the word 'alphabet' AARGH :shock::huh::oops:

Actually maybe we are just too clever Algy and that's why Peter got it straight away. I'M KIDDING PETER !!! :P