Proirities

inky pete

Borris does actually have a point there but I'm glad this topic has gone off track as I feel sorry for the local lad who's parent's started the story in the local press then went to the nationals :evil:

They are not doing him any favours especially as he has clearly only just started at big school.

Message from my sub concience.... "Silence Dizzy, you said you wouldn't comment because he is a little kid and..... 'SILENCE I SAID' !!"

You are, of course, talking absolute common sense Dizzy. When I was at school anyone who turned up wearing something like white socks (WHITE SOCKS!!!) was sent home to change them. I thought then it was a bit far fetched and if the powers that be had just ignored the small things like that then no-one would be hurt. But when you come to think of it, it's the thin end of the wedge and standards just disappear. So I suppose what I'm trying to say is, be different in your own time but conform while you're being educated. Does that make any sense at all? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

When I first started work as a waiter (all be it a short term appointment!!) at Paddington House Hotel...... back in 1980..... I was a punk rocker.... I had spiky hair and dressed like a prat.

At work I wore a Harrods suit and was always impeccably smart.... do you think my employers then would have accepted my rights to express myself by having black spiky hair and wearing red crepe soled shoes..... or do you think they would have taken the common sense approach and sacked me??

be different in your own time but conform while you're being educated. Does that make any sense at all? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Yes it does make sense...because if these parents are going to flout authority every step of the way and actively encourage their kids to do that also, then the kids will be extremely difficult to teach and their as well as other kids education could suffer.

I feel sorry for the kids in both cases. The first set of parents appear to be nothing more than pathetic exhibitionists who are using the poor kid to draw attention to themselves.

The second mother seems no better. She says he used to have a 'furrows' haircut - obviously one which would not be acceptable at school. Now he has it short - but not short as in stipulated by the school! Though it might not be apparent to the ordinary onlooker she, her son and all the other kids at school will be only too aware that he has the 'street gang' hairsyle(fingers up to authority). Her ridiculous excuse is that he has afro type hair, but the no 2 length at the top of his head is not exactly matted and tangled is it? So why couldn't he have that length all over like all the other kids? She is just trying to get one over on the school - and attempting to play the 'race difference' card is despicable.

It's the 'education' these kids are getting at home that is the problem. The ME ME ME philosophy - and stoop to any devious level to achieve it!

Here we go again !! It is just like The Last of The Summer Wine "

How is it going off track??? The long hair photo was as a comparison and my asking Baz if he had one was also a comparison for yesteryears attitudes and today's. Without comparisons, it's difficult to make the call, n'est pas?

Could be worse, we could have one of Dizzy in her platforms!! :blink: :blink: :shock: :shock: :shock: