iPad 2 Review

Lt Kije

so apart from looking at photos on it and controlling the lights in a house (One of my customers is having his new systems in his new house at Gleneagles controlled by an ipad>>>>) what can you do with it that you can't do with a £230.00 laptop?

I have to add that I do like the look of them and I have had an iphone since the day they were lauched all those years ago..... just not sure that it can do any more than a laptop that costs a quater of the price.

I know there are phones that can do iphone stuff, but back in the day there weren't....

Absolutly brilliant, buy one, they are great. And so easy to use

So what can you actually use them for that would be a benefit to me.

I have a Mobile phone that enables me to send texts and pictures and video as well as make phone calls.

When I am at work I tend to use my DSi to play games and can also take pictures on one of the two cameras that it has.

If I have my DSi with me near a Free wireless connection I can connect to the internet with it.

when at home I have my desktop pc that gives me full internet access and also plays dvd's and cd's plus access to the internet radios and tv players.

Have a laptop that I could take anywhere and use to do the same as the desktop plus use skype for video calls with the built in webcam.

For better quality pictures I could use one of my digital cameras and then process the results on either the laptop or the desktop.

so what, apart from the weight and size of the thing is the advantage to me. nothing.:roll:

so apart from looking at photos on it and controlling the lights in a house (One of my customers is having his new systems in his new house at Gleneagles controlled by an ipad>>>>) what can you do with it that you can't do with a £230.00 laptop?

I have to add that I do like the look of them and I have had an iphone since the day they were lauched all those years ago..... just not sure that it can do any more than a laptop that costs a quater of the price.

I know there are phones that can do iphone stuff, but back in the day there weren't....

Just as a Skoda will get you from a to b as will a Mercedes but the Skoda is a quater of the price :wink: :wink:

So you have money to burn then and like your expensive toys and gadgets... will you buy me an iPad 2 PLEASE as the only apples I have are going a bit soft in the fruit bowl :D

Happy for you to give me your old laptop though if you would prefer .. nothing special just one that works and I that I can connect to the internet through so I can sit comfortably somewhere else to chat on here and do my family tree thus freeing up this pc for the other poor people in my house who say they never get a look in :D

Thanks Santa :D

• 2 months later...

Ouch :wink: :wink: :wink:

Well I have to say that now that I have one.... I was wrong with my assumptions! Messing about with one in the Apple store is one thing, but playing Angry Birds on one in your bath is just amazing!!

plus, my beloved paid for mine not me!! :D

They are pretty damned good though and I too would now recommend that you go buy one....