What is this pub called & where was it situated?.

algy

Sorry... I've been completely sidetracked and obsessed looking for dead people :oops:

You are right though Algy as I do sort of recognose that one from one of your posts ages ago on here and as such I do have a very rough idea of where it was.. (only the area though and not precisely as I can't remember :oops: ).

I'm not joining in as that may be classed as cheating if my memory ever clicks in as I would only 'know' because of yours and others past posts

Wireboy, Cleo and others... can you hurry up though as it will start to bug me cos I can't remember :blink:<_<

This could be the first time that many use the forum search facility.. but I know you always remove your pics after a while Algy so they will be frustrated. Gary will be happy that people are using it though :lol:

Sorry... I've been completely sidetracked and obsessed looking for dead people :oops:

You are right though Algy as I do sort of recognose that one from one of your posts ages ago on here and as such I do have a very rough idea of where it was.. (only the area though and not precisely as I can't remember :oops: ).

I'm not joining in as that may be classed as cheating if my memory ever clicks in as I would only 'know' because of yours and others past posts

Wireboy, Cleo and others... can you hurry up though as it will start to bug me cos I can't remember :blink:<_<

This could be the first time that many use the forum search facility.. but I know you always remove your pics after a while Algy so they will be frustrated. Gary will be happy that people are using it though :lol:

Two small but important clues, not far from a railway line and water! and no not Fiddler's Ferry!

Good night all.

This one could really send me insane. I know the features of the building because I have passed the very same style of building several times in my younger days and I can't remember where the hell it was. Bewsey Street coms to my mind but I don't recall ever seeing a pub there and I don't think the ground sloped like that. The only sloping ground I can think of is Pig Hill/Town Hill and I know the pub there was the Boar's Head and this picture is not the Boar's Head. :angry:

This one could really send me insane. I know the features of the building because I have passed the very same style of building several times in my younger days and I can't remember where the hell it was. Bewsey Street coms to my mind but I don't recall ever seeing a pub there and I don't think the ground sloped like that. The only sloping ground I can think of is Pig Hill/Town Hill and I know the pub there was the Boar's Head and this picture is not the Boar's Head. :angry:

I might have to "pull the plug" on this one as it disappeared long before any of us were born.

More clues:

Landlord at the time of the photo was Henry Ashton.

The pub had a strong link with Warrington Harriers now known as Warrington Athletics Club. (1901).

There was another pub about 100 mtrs further up the on the other side of the road (to the left of picture).

A picture house was built much later opposite the other pub.

I might have to "pull the plug" on this one as it disappeared long before any of us were born.

More clues:

Landlord at the time of the photo was Henry Ashton.

The pub had a strong link with Warrington Harriers now known as Warrington Athletics Club. (1901).

There was another pub about 100 mtrs further up the road on the opposite side.

A picture house was built much later opposite the other pub.