Muammar Gaddafi is dead!

algy

Whether English, Russian, Arab, Chinese or whatever, in my opinion the problem in the world today centers around culture, a simple definition of the word is: [the total of the inherited ideas, beliefs, values, and knowledge, which constitute the shared bases of any social action], culture encompasses - religion, tradition, behavior, and many many other facets of a given country and the society that has evolved over past generations and stretching back into it's history, to expect these different cultures to accept change to align themselves with the culture of other nations is unreasonable and not practicable, what has taken thousands of years to develop cannot be changed instantly, we as a nation that not too many years ago ruled our empire by oppression and hopefully having learned by the errors of our ways should be playing a major role in helping nations such as Libya to attain transition from an oppressed regime to a peaceful democratic society, somehow I do not believe this will happen as we shall become embroiled in the free for all that will ensue regarding bleeding Libya white in extracting as much revenue as is humanly possible.

NB. I said humanly not humanely.

Dizzy.... watch them videos again..... there aint no "apparently" about him being dead!

I've not actually seen the video although I have heard about the graphic nature of it. He was a mad man, a tyrant, a bully, a murderer and one that should not be walking the earth (I toned that down a lot) but I don't really want to see videos of him or what happened to him 'live' nor do I want to see anyone else killed or dying either. The pictures on the front of the paper the other day were enough ad I didn;t but that either as I;d heard enough.

So appologies for using the word 'apparently' as I was not inferring that he wasn't dead but I still stand behind my statement that there are "Still a lot of others who were on his side alive and kicking and who will want revenge and just as many on the other side too who will oppose them and who seem like an equally brutal force if you get in their way."

Just because he's gone doesn't necessarily mean things will suddenly get better over night and peace will prevail now or in the near future although it may of course become a somewhat better.... until the next time.

Different worlds, different rules, different beliefs, different attitudes, and well just 'different' and probably always will be.

These tin pot Dictators have bound together otherwise disperate societies, bringing a degree of, albeit enforced, stability in a volatile world. It took us hundreds of years to get to our, far from perfect, democracy; and we're now dabbling in foreign involvements, expecting primitive and tribalistic cultures to adapt to "civilized" political systems within hundreds of days. :(