Where was this ?

algy

Sheesh, I have no idea but it looks a right mucky place. Think I'll leave this one for Dizzy. :wink:

Count me out completely Cleo as I haven't got a clue (as usual an no surprise there eh :blink: )

The three blokes on the roof and the police man were enough to scare me off and I wondered for a moment whether if it was a bank or more likely a local coop/Spar shop :lol:

There are tram ways visible though so it must be on one of the main routes somewhere. Did anyone on here ever go on the trams to/through Warrington as they may remember :wink:

The three men on the roof were pinching lead. The copper saw them and thought "I'll wait here and nab em when they come down" But, unknown to him, they spotted him and when they thought he wasn't looking they threw down a big chunk of masonry to hit him on his head and knock him out! :blink:

It was owned by an importer of provisions.

Count me out completely Cleo as I haven't got a clue (as usual an no surprise there eh :blink: )

The three blokes on the roof and the police man were enough to scare me off and I wondered for a moment whether if it was a bank or more likely a local coop/Spar shop :lol:

There are tram ways visible though so it must be on one of the main routes somewhere. Did anyone on here ever go on the trams to/through Warrington as they may remember :wink:

Cleo's got it, as she said Knutsford Road (St James's street) and Wilderspool Causeway, to be precise it's Wilderspool Road, but Hey! near enough.

Knutsfordrd.jpg

Nice one Cleo (again... as you are far too good at this :wink: ) although Algy has as yet not confirned the lead theives names (although I guess just as in modern times they were never caught either). No mention of the injured policeman's name too and I would have though that would be given so as to make the criminals sentence longer if ever they are caught.

How old would they be now I wonder ? ... :lol:

Just being silly as usual Algy (sorry but I am still giggling from Cleo's reply).

That was another good one but do you or Cleo have any idea why the chaps were actually on the roof ?

I think they were demolishing the building.

They were pulling it down to make space to erect the cenotaph.

They had got the roof off by the time the boss arrived to see how they were going on.

When he saw what they had done, he jumped up and down, screaming at them, " Yer dozy buggers! Yer on the wrong side of the Road!"

I think they were demolishing the building.

They were pulling it down to make space to erect the cenotaph.

They had got the roof off by the time the boss arrived to see how they were going on.

When he saw what they has done, he jumped up and down, screaming at them, " Yer dozy buggers! Yer on the wrong side of the Road!"

Morning Cleo, this is what they built (low buildings on the bend of the junction) after demolishing the tall building, looks as if they had town planners with the same foresight as those we have today, this shot was taken around 1910-15 prior to building the Cenotaph, anyway your just becoming too proficient at this, the next two are going to make you do some research, the info is out there somewhere if you look hard enough.

WarringtonnewBridgeGouldscornerleadingtoKnutsfordRoad.jpg

Looka a lot different today than it did then eh Algy? Wonder if the planners were open to backhanders in those days? :wink:

I remember that little corner shop with the white upper storey. I went in there a few times when it was a ladies hairdressers.

I'm late on today because I went back to bed after having my breakfast. Was talking online till 3am this morning.