Where in warrington was this arch?.

algy

Wow! Cleo, your an early riser same as me, or are you still in Egypt if so not quite as early, but your 'on the ball'. yes it is Buttermarket street, the Town Council erected the temporary arch to commemorate the visit of King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra to Warrington in 1909. It was always known as " The arch that never was" and was built between the "Rope & Anchor (left) No.34 and John Wainwright's butchers shop (right)No.37-39. See below.

1909LocationofTempArch.jpg

Algy, we are still in Egypt, 2 hours ahead of UK. Actually we were due to return to the UK in November but we had a family conference and decided we never return again to UK because, before we came back here nearly 2 years ago, our house in UK was burgled twice in six months and we do not like what is happening in the UK these days.

As long as you keep posting, it doesn't matter where you are.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. This country has been going downhill for years and won't improve until they bring back discipline, and the courts "punish" the criminals, we leave the EU and get rid of the pc luvvies.

Sorry about the hijack. :twisted: :twisted:

Working on it Cleo, it's a bit time consuming and the good lady says we have a busy day, I shall try to get another one on later today, perhaps towards lunch time (UK that is :wink: ). No hijack Peter the more the merrier, I think we all need a little light relief on here as there is so much 'hot air' blown about at times, a national trait and part of the Brit culture and character I suppose. :wink: