Who's paying for the Golden Square road "improvements"?

boris1066

why is it that threads on here wander off in to the long grass ? It's like the Last of the Summer Wine ! Which one of you is Foggy who's wearing the wrinkled stockings ? No one seems to be bothered about who is paying the price of GS retrofits. WBcouncil seem to be stumm about it as well.

why is it that threads on here wander off in to the long grass ? It's like the Last of the Summer Wine ! Which one of you is Foggy who's wearing the wrinkled stockings ? No one seems to be bothered about who is paying the price of GS retrofits. WBcouncil seem to be stumm about it as well.

Well seeing as though no-one seems to know the answer and in all fairness money is spent all over the place when it is unclear about who's paying or where the money it actually comong from so do you really find it that odd that things eventually go off on a tangent Borris1066? It's only a car park entrance and a blummin' bad one at that so something needs doing and that has been obvious from day one of it opening.

Do you know where they money is coming from Borris and/or who is paying? All I know is that they said it was is being funded from "monies secured in the original planning agreement".

No idea what that means other than maybe money was given by the developers as part of a 106 agreement and now the council are having to use some of that money (which could have been used elsewhere) to help put things right perhaps because of an oversight of a bad design that the developers/council/planning dept/dev control board overlooked as they were keen to get it approved and underway at the time to bring more trade and shoppers into Warrington.

Of course all that is only a 'maybe and 'allegidely' and only my own thoughts based on your question.

Used GS this weekend post "improvement". yes its easier to get in as you dont have to go down to the cockhedge and all the way back up. But at 2:30pm on Saturday afternoon ( i wouldnt call this peak), it took 3 cycles of the lights to get out and was queing half way up the spiral ramp. When its mad at Christmas this will take ages to get out.

Sorry to say but another botched job.

I've not been over that way lately so don't know what changes they have been made and whether it is better or worse but from what AdrianR says it doesn't sound good and I'm not looking forward to xmas shopping time and getting stuck again.

I'm sure it can't be as bad as it used to be though having got stuck in the car park for hours a few years back along with everyone else trying to get out.

There is a simple solution though ... and that's if you don't like it then stay away (if you can) :blink::(

I rather like the new lights on Winwick Road though as it means I can turn right at Decathlon and drop my lad off near college (when I have to) and then double back again without having to go up any further :wink:

I guess that may all change when the whole roadworks are done and the lights sequences change :unsure:

The changes are:

Entry: Direct right turn entry into GS from expressway. You proceed through the exit lights into a new second lane for right turn only and a new set of lights with a filter have been placed at the entry ramp. The west bound traffic is stopped to allow you to turn right and the entry ramp has been widened ever so slightly. No need to go all the way down to Cockhedge roundabout now.

Exit: Largely unchanged except I envisage that a queue may form on busy periods for the entry lights and thus block the exit. However the exit lights appear to have been changed to only allow a few vehicles through at a time to perhaps try and avoid this situation.