Where was this taken?

algy

First one, not Lymm, not Stockton Heath, second and third are the same, but one zoomed as you say Dizz and Cleo is spot on 'Cheapside', Golden Square with the 'Old Court House through the entry, I presume the window with bars on it would have been a holding cell prior to him?her appearing in front of the Judge or Magistrate. I wonder what, if any anesthetic the chap had to have his leg removed?.

Spot on! arty, The Wesleyan Methodist Chapel at the junction opposite the Railway hotel (Latchford), but do you know the name of the cottage to the left, I knew it, never titled the photo and have now forgotten it and it's driving me mad!.

Dizz, Cheapside was a part of Golden Square and in the mid 18th century this was the commercial center of Warrington, with the north side containing large houses owned by important people such as William Patten, and on the south east side, the lesser market being the 'Cheapside' at that time 'Cheap meaning 'Market' where the populace of the town could purchase their bargains.

CheapsideWarrington.jpg

Would'nt be Ivy Cottage by any chance algy? Just going by all the ivy covering it. :lol:

I'd love to live in a little house like that - with all mod cons of course.

No Cleo Ivy cottage does not 'ring the bell', here is a better view of Latcford square vwith the mystery cottage peeking round the tram.

LatchfordSquare.jpg

The white house became a car park. The shop next to it is Currall's pie shop.

The big mansion and smaller house are now a petrol station and was a sunbed shop but now insurance I think, Were they actually knocked down and the garage built or were they demolished sometime earlier?

Would'nt be Ivy Cottage by any chance algy? Just going by all the ivy covering it. :lol:

I'd love to live in a little house like that - with all mod cons of course.

Cleo, name of the cottage was "Sunnyside Cottage" with the large house part of "Sunnyside villas". :)