Another Quiz

arty69uk

Probably wrong, but is that the place in Bridge St. where the widening stopped? I think that the store at the end used to be Curry's. Although the rest of the street doesn't look like Bridge Foot.

Not Bridge Street....CLUE..The clock on the right side of the narrows gives it away.......not so easy this one !

6238675064_ab1f224ae8.jpg

Where was this transport companys depot in warrington and where was the nearest pub..by the way that's me on top waking towards the rear of our 8 weeler and trailer I was trailer mate at the time my driver Harry Brooks on top looking towards the photogragher .Oh so happy days.....any Idea's...

Now then Arty, am i being pedantic? Cheshire cheese the nearest pub? Must be a close run thing with the Brook Inn - more or less opposite where the hairdressers now is and just that bit nearer to Raddon Court.

Just while I am on the subject, there used to be a transport firm at the bottom of Siddall street and Jockey street (opposite the Horse and Jockey). Possibly Wingie may have strayed down there in his youth.

Happy days

Now then Arty, am i being pedantic? Cheshire cheese the nearest pub? Must be a close run thing with the Brook Inn - more or less opposite where the hairdressers now is and just that bit nearer to Raddon Court.

Just while I am on the subject, there used to be a transport firm at the bottom of Siddall street and Jockey street (opposite the Horse and Jockey). Possibly Wingie may have strayed down there in his youth.

Happy days

Harry .. Lets split hairs eh.. When I loaded at Buckleys We always whent to the Cheshire Cheese but yes you may possibly be correct ..as for your memory you are pretty good..Jay Pee Transportation was the biggest and best private transport company in Warrington Who I worked for 25 years taken over by Greenwoods tranport shortly after we moved to Stretton so your memory is not far out..Folly Lane was the companys address situated behind the Horse and Jockey. can you remember the railway bridge at the juntion of Winwick Road and Folly Lane

Ah yes Arty. Walked many times from East avenue along the railway track to get to Dallam railway shed, via Kerfoot treet My cousin lived in Folly Lane. The firm I slightly remembered was on the opposite side from the horse and jockey, perhaps 150 yards behind what is now the fire station and what were rows of small houses.

Does Faulkner and Evans mean anything to you? They ended up in Hawleys lane. I was a good friend of Joe Faulkner.

Happy days

Ah yes Arty. Walked many times from East avenue along the railway track to get to Dallam railway shed, via Kerfoot treet My cousin lived in Folly Lane. The firm I slightly remembered was on the opposite side from the horse and jockey, perhaps 150 yards behind what is now the fire station and what were rows of small houses.

Does Faulkner and Evans mean anything to you? They ended up in Hawleys lane. I was a good friend of Joe Faulkner.

Happy days

Harry. No Jay Pee was right behind the Horse and Jockey the same land as Chadwicks Fair Showman he stored his rides there ...in fact he lived there in a caravan...The only thing that comes to mind is Evans tranport Poplars Transport bought him out And operated under Chisholms Transport Orford Green..More Memories.... Holly Smoke.. I'm tired out ! cheers art.

Arty Don't dispute where JP was, but at one time, probably in the 50s there was a transport firm down the bottom of Jockey street.

The Joe Faulkner was at one time conected to the Evans firm, probably hence Faulkner/ Evans.

Happy days

Harry.It must be the same company they used to carry rainwater goods and fire places made from cast iron from a factory on Dallam Lane nr the back end of FORDS.. cheers art.