Presumed consent -

observer

The question is, do we prolong life by heart transplants, triple by-pass ops etc, or just let nature take its course?

Surely as a recipient, one should be happy that it can happen?

Given the latest news on the Front page, should we stop this research as well just on the basis someone makes some money whilst earning a living?

:confused:

Originally posted by Eagle:

I am with Obs on this one. If you won't give you shouldn't expect to receive.

A simple form will suffice when you are about 21 when hopefully such things are in the far distant future.

1. Will you agree that your organs can be used after death to prolong the life of persons unknown?

2.Would you agree to receive the organs of persons unknown to prolong your life?

Important Note; answering 'no' to question 1 disqualifies you from taking advantage of question 2.

I can see what both you and obs are saying and I do agree re: the 'dont expect a transplant if you wont give...' comments. Like I've already said I am NOT against organ transplants or being a doner.

The simple form you mention does seem rational but what would happen if you are unfortunate enough to pop off before reaching your 21st ?

Who then makes the decision...?

will you be 'presumed' to have opted in or opted out?

Not sure how organ donation for kiddies works and wether the organ also has to be young, so to speak, so would childrens organs be taken regardless as they had not reached the age where they could opt out ?

Guess it's one of those subjects that could just go round and round and round as there are so many 'what ifs' and 'whys' :D