Thomas and the Christmas trees.

Cleopatra

:shock: As a muslim I am not in the least offended by any reference to Christmas and Christmas trees. So, why oh why, have those silly buggers of the pc brigade interfered with Reverend Awdry's original story, removing all references to Christmas and Christmas trees and substiting winter holiday and winter trees in Merry Christmas Thomas!?

Have they asked anybody of a none christian faith for their opinions or do they just sit around someone's parlour drinking coffee and thinking of things they can call politically incorrect?

Do these people not realise how silly they are making themselves appear? Have they nothing better to do?

It's past time that the pc brigade was stood up against the wall and, in no uncertain terms, ordered to stop their stupidity or else! And I will volunteer to kick a few arses! :angry:

:shock:

Have they asked anybody of a none christian faith for their opinions or do they just sit around someone's parlour drinking coffee and thinking of things they can call politically incorrect?

That is the answer. I have asked the question many times of the Muslims I am acquainted with, and they don't have a problem and quote the fact that they have their own celebrations.

I bet the PC brigade wouldn't stop those.

It's the PC brigade trying to enforce their ideological views on the public simply because they don't like the idea of traditional Christian views being allowed. They are so concerned that Christian beliefs must be subverted in today's society that they bully the public into putting up with this sort of nonsense. People should boycott the new books, after all, the Thomas series was written by an Anglican clergyman for his own children and they have stood the test of time, loved by everyone.

I think there’s one thing to show some respect for other cultures but PC has nothing to do with respect, it’s just PC. I have a lot of Muslim friends and most don’t seem to have any issue in wishing me a merry Christmas but I do wish they’d send me a card rather than a bloody text at two in the morning. :D

The other week was my birthday and I was sixty one years OLD not sixty one years YOUNG! If you really want to upset someone with a bit of PC ageism, just say young when you really should say old.

Bill :)

Oh Bill, that rattles me too when someone refers to older people as 70 years young (or whatever age applies). We get older not younger for heaven's sake!

I think it might have been Hughie Green that atarted that one on Double Your Money. I seem to recall him often saying young instead of old. :rolleyes: