White Slaves of England

algy

Here is a book written in 1854 exposing the terrible treatment of the working classes of that time, it is a factual account of the exploitation of poor white people in the first half of the 19th century.

Makes excellent reading.

Sample pages:-

ScreenShot002.jpg

The 'e' book may be either read on line or downloaded (free) in pdf format from The Internet Archive.

http://www.archive.org/details/whiteslavesofeng00cobduoft

:) Pikey is an old english word dating back as far as William Shakespeare's lifetime, when it was a commonly used word to describe gypsies and vagabonds who are light fingered. It's applied to Irish travellers and tinkers. It's associated with a life of constant travelling.

So, forgive me if I have grasped the 'wrong end of the stick', reading into your interpretation of the word 'Pikey', obs is saying that the gypsies, travelers and vagabonds are introducing white slavery again. :shock::blink::unsure:

So, forgive me if I have grasped the 'wrong end of the stick', reading into your interpretation of the word 'Pikey', obs is saying that the gypsies, travelers and vagabonds are introducing white slavery again. :shock::blink::unsure:

You can't be saying you have seen nothing in the national news about the pikeys who imprisoned slaves! :roll: