Benefit system fraud

Just wonder how much benefit fraud costs the country? Every day the national papers have stories of the costliest ones and the well organised scams, and papers like the guardian report some of the smaller ones.

My feeling is that these cases are the tip of a very costly ice-berg, much larger than often estimated.Play by the rules and it seems claimants are often thwarted or obstructed, while the rest of us accept cuts and taxes to pay for the sins of others.

Don,t know the answer, but again, too often the punishment doesn't fit the crime or act as a deterrent to others.

Happy days

Tax evasion, tax avoidance or benefit cheats- all the same thing from my standpoint. Benefit cheats seem only to include the amounts deceived from Benefits payouts but overlook all the "paspoported" benefits that come for free with them. A classic case is the guy who gets £100 per week plus his Housing Benefit of £90 per week. He would only look at a job paying at least £200 per week so he could pay his rent in full. Will he do it?? don't think so...

I know the difference, And thats why I put it in, Just because it is legal, it does not make it morally right, does it Asp :wink:

You seem to be hanging on my every word Asp :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a boring life, waiting for someone to trip :roll: :roll: :roll:

I think you need to get off here, and get some, your becoming pedantic again :D:wink:

I know the difference, And thats why I put it in, Just because it is legal, it does not make it morally right, does it Asp :wink:

You seem to be hanging on my every word Asp :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a boring life, waiting for someone to trip :roll: :roll: :roll:

I think you need to get off here, and get some, your becoming pedantic again :D:wink:

Thats why we have tax laws - to define what is payable and what is not. Morals don't come into it. It's nonsensical statements like this from you that make it impossible for me to ignore. If you don't want me commenting on whatever nonesense you come out with then stop doing it :wink:

:blink: I'm not really interested if you are or not asperity, it's your own private business, I was just ridiculing the impertinance and stupidity of the question, which usually is the retort of a person who can think of nothing better to say, knowing already that he has lost the arguemnt, so to speak. :lol:

Oh Cleo you've still not forgiven me for that joke :wink:

The tax laws were put their by people who wanted to keep in with people with money, It is unfair that people can take advantage of loop holes put their deliberately so people could get out of paying tax, funny their are no loop holes for the poor to exploit.

So Lt Kije when you fill in your tax return do you tell the taxman that he hasn't taken enough tax off you, morally, and that he should accept some more to keep your moral conscience clear. You are talking absolute rubbish and you know it, but can't back down because you can never admit you're wrong. You and Obs live in the same world where that is concerned. As for it being some sort of conspiracy where the taxman deliberately creates loopholes for the rich to exploit, that is more of your nonsense. Get back to reality before I die laughing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::roll: :roll:

All very nice if you live in cloud cuckoo land Obs. But here in the real world, as well you know, we have loads of people who are unwilling to get out of bed to help themselves and are quite content to let other people work to support them. And giving everyone the same take home pay would not result in your cohesive civilized society. Dream on, it aint never going to happen. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: