Communication with Councillors

Geoffrey Settle

Communication Preference?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Wich of these would you like to use to contact your Borough Councillor - you can select one or more?

• Face to Face - at their Surgery
    • Face to Face - home visit
    • By telephone
    • By email
    • Facebook
    • Web Site
    • Letter
    • Blogg
    • Twitter
    • Skype or video phone
    • Discussion Forum
    • Other - please put in comment
    • Non of the above - waste of time
  2. 2. I am

• Male
    • Female
    • Rather not say
  3. 3. What age range are you?

• under 34
    • 35 - 59
    • 60 plus

I went through a period many years ago where I would constantly moan about the way that our parish Grappenhall & Thelwall) councilors were performing (or not), none of them could do anything to satisfy me regarding how our council were performing, then prior to the local elections I was approached and asked by a member of a particular party whether I would consider standing in the forthcoming local elections, I found a hundred or so reasons why I was not available to do so, most of them totally invalid, from that day forth I modified my attitude towards individuals that gave their free time for the betterment of our community, so all of you out there that are constantly whinging about the performance of your council and councilors EITHER PUT OR SHUT UP! :roll:

Algy,

with all due respect, I have no plans to stand as a councillor; but being someone who votes at every election, I absolutely reserve the right to complain and moan about what Councillors are(and more often what they are not) doing for the good of the town.

Just because I don't want to be a pilot, doesn't mean I won't fly if someone else does!

Geoff....

you still haven't commented on the injustice of Terris getting a pay rise above inflation when council staff are being laid off.....

I’ve been through what council staff are now facing (just as has my wife has very recently) and it is not pleasant at all.

In fact the company that I used to work for has just laid most of their staff off – I only found this out on Wednesday when I met up with someone who I had taken on 10 years ago – fortunately she has been given redundancy money and has two very young children – her husband escaped redundancy and was offered an extension last week – My friend is now going to spend quality time with her nippers and then see what work is available in a year or so. She made her descisions like me with fives minutes to go before the deadline at the click of a buttom. But in her case the rest were told that they had no choice a week or so later. I got out on the 3rd or 4th wave and that was 4 years ago, we were told then it was the last time :roll:

With regard to your question all I can say is that ‘We each have to wrestle with our own consciences’ and that I have sympathy with staff and will express my views privately to both at the moment. The same things happened where I worked.

Of course he hasn't answered the question....... and he probably won't because he will either be thrown out of the party or de-selected at the next election.... so all those butterflies will go un-counted!

Everyone is taking a hit at the moment apart from Terris and Farrel (I believe) who are getting pay rises. Geoff and his fellow councillors have said bugger all against this decision and it appears that the ruling Labour lot have abandoned their workers and supporters to the scrap heap and taken the Tony Blair stance of brown-nosing the top managers...

Not very Labour-Like if you ask me!

Of course he hasn't answered the question....... and he probably won't because he will either be thrown out of the party or de-selected at the next election.... so all those butterflies will go un-counted!

Everyone is taking a hit at the moment apart from Terris and Farrel (I believe) who are getting pay rises. Geoff and his fellow councillors have said bugger all against this decision and it appears that the ruling Labour lot have abandoned their workers and supporters to the scrap heap and taken the Tony Blair stance of brown-nosing the top managers...

Not very Labour-Like if you ask me!

Well the CEO joined me yesterday and my colleague for a walkabout around my ward and I passed on your comments to her - as I said my conversations are private in this regard as are my conversations to officers and staff in this respect.

All I will say is that when I was threatened at work I joined the union for protection against an aggressive and divisive boss and took their advice.

When it came to negotiating work changes and redundancies they played an important role in terms and conditions. They advised and stood up for our rights and we made our own minds up. But that was in the private sector and several years ago.

I am not going to aggravate the situation any more by posting my own views on here. It will do nobody any good at all.