Another One Coming Down

Cleopatra

:unsure: There is another satellite due to fall back down to earth at the end of October/begining of November. This one is Germany's baby. It's reckoned that there is a 1 in 2,000 chance of somebody getting hit but again they don't know where it will land. Do you think these falling satellites could be further damaging the ozone layer? :angry:

Whatever goes up has to come down sooner or later but you would think with the technolgy available these days they would at least have some idea as to where and when :blink:

They can monitor and track everything else so why not their satellites? Can they not destroy it before it comes down or as it is entering ?

Well here's hoping it doesn't land on me.. but if it does at least that's something interesting for my decendant's to look back on.

Great aunt/grandma/cousin/whatever "Dizzy" was squished by a german satellite as she was posting on Warrington Worldwide forum :lol:

How can something fall out of the sky and kill you but not hurt ?

Saying that I have never died so I guess you must mean the end will be quick and painless which in itself is a blessing I suppose and one of the better ways to go when your time is up :unsure:

How can something fall out of the sky and kill you but not hurt ?

Saying that I have never died so I guess you must mean the end will be quick and painless which in itself is a blessing I suppose and one of the better ways to go when your time is up :unsure:

If a fast falling hard object hit you on the head it could kill you outright hence wouldn't be any time/chance to feel any pain. :lol:

What strikes me (pun intended) is that using satellites you can navigate your car to any destination (apart from the one you programmed in) you can take pictures so clear that you can read the newspapers on the street from several miles up.

YET when one off the buggers comes down they are lucky if they can tell you if it will hit the ground. :mrgreen: