Posting grumbles

Dizzy

No idea why I'm really asking this but I'm still stuck and confused with my family tree and I need a break.

So when you come on here and are all 'happily' posting away is there anything in particular that often seems to get on your nerves :unsure:

I don't mean forum functionality I just mean in general :lol:

My screen flickers but dont worry about that just now, take a seat Dizzy in fact lie on this couch and tell all your problems to doctor Bill. :P

Are you hearing little voices in you head telling you that you need to be here all the time to care for your brood? :roll:

Bill :)

My cats get on my nerves because they are such greedy beggars and want to be eating all the time. They hear the rustle of a bag or a wrapper and they think 'eats'. When I am eating, they want some. When I'm on the pc they come around asking for food. Honestly you would think they never got fed but they are the best fed cats in the area. :angry:

But, Bill, She would love it here. There are street cats by the millions and all scavage for food. Even entering houses for a feed. They seem to know which houses to go to and know they will be given food. And although there are so many cats prowling the streets nobody touches them because, if they don't run away when anyone approaches them, there is a risk of being bitten or scratched and infected with some disease. Yet we have to watch our cats carefully. They like to sit by the open door or even outside on the top step and several times somebody passing has picked one up and walked away with it and we have to chase afer them to take the cat off them.

That's another thing that annoys me. :angry:

Talking about things getting on your nerves and complaining, has anyone watched the Australian XFactor adition of Emmanuel Kelly? After seeing him you would realise that your problems are minute in comparison.

This young man and his brother have had a real rough deal which most people would find almost impossible to cope with yet he is so very happy and has a wonderful singing voice.

If you haven't watched it and go to watch it, make sure you have some tissues to hand.

Yep, will that sort of puts things into perspective doesn’t it.

I remember when I was just a little kid visiting an old lady my mum used to clean for and my mum lifted the little tablecloth on the bedside cabinet and it was just a packing case for fruit. I don’t remember much of what mum told me as a kid but I do remember her words then “When you think you’re hard done by, always remember there are always people far worse off than yourself.” Those words are embedded into my very being and have helped me though difficult times.

Couldn’t find your town on the map btw. We’ve been to Cairo and Luxor so know exactly what you mean about the cats. We saw they were all a bit small and skinny but thought that was their breed.

Thought that was the case. We’ll have to arrange a house swap so we can have cheap holidays. You’d love Paddington at this time of the year and to boot you’ll feel right at home because there’ll be fifty bloomin cats on the doorstep every morning. :D

Now go get some sleep it's gota be late over there.

Only niggle I have is that for some reason I have something happening on my PC that makes the page suddenly scroll to the top of whatever web page I am on,seems to be a conflict as there will be a beep and then the page just whizzes to the top and the mouse pointer freezes for a few seconds.

Only other thing is occasionally having to wipe coffee off the monitor/keyboard/desk/wall etc. after having read something funny whilst drinking the coffee.:mrgreen:

It's a fact of life Gary, forum topics generally do tend to swerve off course because each poster adds a little extra or a different angle and someone else wishes to address that and he/she does likewise and so on and so forth and eventually it ends up as a different topic. As I said elsewhere, it's like chinese whispers. :roll: