Revelations?

observer

Hi Obs. Have the most repect for you as a fair and intelligent man, even though I suspect that our views may be diametrically opposed. I have wanted you to know that for sometime and I think that the phrasing of your question reflects that. Haven't heard about the book, even though I believe that I have a finger on the political pulse here. Palin is the most attacked poiitcal figure ever and, having followed her career, I have to say that it's all undeserved, generated out of fear.

Most importantly, let me say, do not whatever you do, believe what you see or hear in the media, one way or the other, it's all driven by agendas. Also, do not form opinions on American politics unless you have lived here, or you most certainly will get it horribly wrong.

The important word in that question is "allegation".

If proved false then there is no problem apart from the "there's no smoke without fire" brigade who will always believe the worst of a person.

If proved true then there are at least three categories to think about.

1) was it Illegal?

2) was it Immoral?

3) was it stupid?

If yes to number one then it should be relevant.

if no then it shouldn't.

if yes or no to number two then it becomes difficult to say. It would then depend on what the "offence" was and how it related to what their current activities were. (For example letting a known embezzler become head of a banking firm would be relevant, but letting a known embezzler be a lollipop person would not)

If it was yes to number three then it would certainly be relevant no matter what the activity as nobody wants be around a person who is prone to stupid acts they can be dangerous and sometimes fatal. If no then it probably wasn't true in the first place. :twisted:

Your right Stallard, my politics would, in the main, be generally diametrically oppossite to Palin's; in her case, I think her apparent limited knowledge and wisdom is positively dangerous. However, like Thatcher, she appears to be a conviction politician, a rare commodity nowadays in a world of dumbed down trimmers and time servers. However, irrespective of politics, I fail to see what relevance ones youthfull experiments with drugs or the opposite sex have on current activities, other than perhaps a beneficial one of having some experience of normal life generally. Sid seems to pose some appropriate criteria though. :unsure:

Sorry I forgot to actually answer your question - I really have to quit posting after Happy Hour has opened !!! If you apply for a job, the application form usally asks you to list your employers for the last ten years (max). What happened outside of that time is considered irrevalent. Of course, criminal activity never goes away. I suppose that general rule could be applied in all cases.

I'd just like to say that I accidentally voted your earlier post up Obs... which is why it now has a rating of '1'.:oops:

I meant to click on 'multiquote' but I do rather like your statement though so I shall leave it :lol:

PS Obs... why do flames and lights attract moths ? (I thought I'd ask that so as not to disappoint Cleopatra :D )

PPS Baz J.... surely nonesense also breeds experience as I've leart an awful lot from the twaddle on here over the years :lol::wink: